Director of Studies and an Assistant Director of Studies
- United Kingdom: Weymouth, Dorset.
- Weymouth English Centre
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 9
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job
Details of Position
We have a great team of people who work in a very positive and encouraging environment. These positions have the important role of looking after the academic side of the operation, maintaining high standards and managing the teaching staff.
The successful applicants will be well organised, enthusiastic and passionate about leading a team of teachers.
Your duties will include:
- supporting and helping a team of teachers
- observing lessons and giving appraisals and constructive feedback
- teacher development by means of regular workshops
- organising the testing, interviewing and placement of students
- the ADoS will also do some teaching in some weeks
Please note that Weymouth English Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
- we follow up references in detail
- we will ask in reference requests whether there is any reason that you should not be employed in situations where you have responsibility for students under 18.
- we will ask you to explain any gaps in your CV
- we have to ask for proof of identity (along with your qualifications)
- a clean certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be required
- all staff are required to sign a Declaration of Suitability to work with under 18s
- any candidates with a non EU passport must be able to prove that they have the right to work in the UK
- please note that providing false information is a criminal offence
- Degree Required
- Preferred qualifications:
- Cambridge DELTA, Trinity DipTESOL, MA TESOL, MA TEFL.
- Teaching experience:
- 3 years
- Native level English speaker preferred
Salary and Benefits
ADoS: from £500 per week plus holiday pay depending on qualifications and experience.
Accommodation with a local homestay on a self-catering basis will be provided if required.
Successful applicants will be employed under contract and enjoy the full benefits of holiday and sick pay.
Weymouth English Centre
More Company Information
Click here to visit the
Weymouth English Centre website
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Accredited Course, Live Teaching Practice, Full Board & Accommodation in Beautiful Hotels included. Over 800 Graduates a Year. 200 Scholarships still Available! Apply and Save NowClick to find out more.
The only Trinity CertTESOL in Thailand. Certified and recognised worldwide. Beautiful location. Small groups.Teaching practice in real schools. Meals and accommodation included. Job Placement available on course completion.Click to find out more.
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel! Choose ITTO TEFL - TESOL Programs!Click to find out more.
Certificate & Master Diploma Courses. Courses include: Teaching Young Learners, One-to-One, Business English, Grammar Awareness and Teaching English Online. Full Tutor Support and Employment Assistance.Click to find out more.
Join our highly-rated, accredited course. Hands-on practice teaching with adults & children. TEFL-ize yourself with TEFL International Prague and acknowledge the advantages of small courses at a large family-run language school.Click to find out more.