University Teaching in Japan!
- Japan: The Greater Tokyo Area and Nagoya .
- Westgate Corporation
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 50
- Degree Required
Details of Position
We are accepting applications for teaching positions on our programs from candidates who are either willing to come to Japan or are already in Japan!
***** UNIVERSITY PROGRAM *****
1) PROGRAM INFORMATION:
We are seeking highly motivated educators to teach English at universities in Japan. This unique opportunity is for bright teachers eager to enrich their teaching skills.
For the Spring 2022 term, lessons in the University program are set to be delivered face-to-face on campus. However, it is possible that the method of lesson delivery could be switched to online teaching or a combination of in-class and online lessons. There is even the possibility of instructors being asked to be present on campus to deliver online lessons.
A decision to change the method of lesson delivery could occur at any time, i.e., either before or after the start of the semester. Therefore, we are looking for applicants who are interested in teaching on campus in Japan, but who would be willing to switch to working remotely when required.
Instructors will need to use their own computers to work and teach during their employment with Westgate. Occasionally, they are required to bring their own laptop to the campus. In order for instructors to be able to work smoothly through Westgate's IT system, the following hardware requirements would need to be met.
- CPU: Intel Core i5 or higher
- Memory: 8GB or higher
- Internet speed: 10Mbps or faster
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - May 2021 Update [21H1] or newer; or Apple macOS Catalina 10.15 or newer
(Instructors who use another OS would need to check with us for confirmation about whether that OS is acceptable or not.)
- Browser: Microsoft Edge; Google Chrome 93 or newer; or Apple Safari 14.1 or newer
- Valid and active anti-virus software
- Web camera and microphone
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
* Instructors would also need to agree to install applications that are required by Westgate.
If an applicant does not meet the requirements above, we may not be able to make a hiring decision.
For more information, please read the 'Application Information for the Spring 2022 Term' on our website.
2) CONTRACT PERIOD:
- Spring Term
Extra-Curricular Courses: late April/early May to late July (approx. 3 months)
Accredited Courses: late March/early April to late July (approx. 3-5 months)
- Fall Term
Extra-Curricular Courses: mid-/late September to late December (approx. 3 months)
Accredited Courses: early/mid- September to late December/late January (approx. 3-5 months)
Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama, and Aichi
**** ATTENTION ****
We are also looking for candidates with the following background and experience:
- Master's degree or higher
- Total 3 years experience (6 or more terms/semesters) in teaching at university/community college (all subjects)
Westgate aims to shape the future of English education in Japan. We have been providing conversation-based practical English lessons since 1983 and hire over 400 instructors every year. Generations of Japanese students have developed their communicative English skills and cultural awareness on our programs. As well as helping to shape the direction of our student's lives and careers, we have also been a gateway to career development for countless English instructors around the world.
Find out more about Westgate on our website.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our website and fill out the online application form. We will contact you by email shortly after you have completed the form. You can also find more information about our programs and policies on our website.
a) experience teaching EFL/ESL in a classroom environment, along with a teaching certificate (TEFL/TESL/TESOL) and/or teaching credentials or qualifications (elementary/primary/secondary)
b) 1000+ hours of EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching certificates, credentials or qualifications
* No Japanese language ability is required.
Salary and Benefits
- Approximately 260,000 yen per month for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification, but less than 499 hours of actual classroom teaching experience
- Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification who have 500+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience
- Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors who have 1000+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching qualifications
*Note: Compensation is based on an hourly rate of pay. Exact monthly earnings fluctuate but over the course of a contract period average out to the figures listed above.
- HOUSING is provided. We can arrange a furnished single apartment with a rental fee of 81,000 yen per month (utilities and maintenance fees included).
- FLIGHT REIMBURSEMENT of up to 1200 USD is offered for those coming from overseas.
- WORKING VISA SPONSORSHIP is available.
- RENEWABLE contract.
More Company Information
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the Westgate Corporation website
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
Gain the freedom to work from home or travel the world while working by teaching English online or in the classroom.
120-Hour TEFL certificate course - 84% discount for Tefl.com members. Enroll Now!International Open Academy
Start a new career as an English teacher and teach anywhere in the world. NOW ONLY €999!www.tefl-in-italy.com