Summer School Director of Studies & Year round EFL Teacher
- Deadline: Sun 08 Mar 2020 00:00:00 UTC
- United Kingdom: Manchester.
- NCG Manchester
- Experience: 3 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Details of Position
New College Group (NCG) is a specialist English language college providing courses to Adults and Young Learners from around the world. NCG was established in 2011 and has year round schools in three vibrant student cities: Manchester, Liverpool and Dublin. For younger students, we have summer centres in Manchester, Dublin, London and York.
NCG is a fast paced, growing organisation. Were looking for someone who can join our year round JSS team in addition to managing the teaching team in our Manchester summer centre. There are opportunities for career progression and training.
Key responsibilities include:
Junior Summer School Director of Studies:
- Managing the teaching team at our Manchester summer school
- Producing a weekly schedule for teachers and students
- Responsible for testing and placing students in classes
- Supporting the Centre Manager and undertaking welfare and safeguarding duties as necessary
This part of the role is for 6 weeks during the summer (or as per length of the summer school in future years) and is residential at the summer school during this period. There is also a training week before each summer.
Year round EFL Teacher:
- Teach adult learners for 25 hours per week
- Spend a few hours each week on JSS administration
- Cover the JSS Programme Manager in their absence
The candidate should have:
- Strong teaching and classroom management skills
- Experience leading a team and producing schedules
- DELTA, DipTESOL, MA in TESOL or applied linguistics and at least 3 years of ESL teaching experience
Please send applications to Peter Dean by Sunday 8th March 2020.
Salary and Benefits
20 days holiday per year.
The role will involve working 6 days per week as JSS Director of Studies during the summer, but time will be given back in the lower seasons.
EXPERT ENGLISH Cambridge CELTA Authorised Centre in Asturias (North of Spain) offers CELTA, the worldwide recognised 160-hour practical and flexible teacher training programme all year round, part-time and full time.Click to find out more.
Trinity College London CertTESOL- Residential course in Thailand. January 2020 - Early Bird discount.
The only Trinity CertTESOL in Thailand. Certified and recognised worldwide. Beautiful location. Small groups.Teaching practice in real schools. Meals and accommodation included. Job Placement available on course completion.Click to find out more.
4-week accredited TEFL/CELTA Courses in The Czech Republic, Spain, China, Thailand, Peru, Costa Rica, Argentina, Guatemala, Mexico and The USA.
Upon successful completion, ITTO guarantees job placement and job contacts worldwide. Find out how you can save up to US$200 Call Us Now!Click to find out more.