YL Residential Director of Studies / Assistant Director of Studies
- Deadline: Fri 31 May 2019 00:00:00 GMT
- United Kingdom: Nationwide.
- Bell Educational Services
- Experience: 3 YEARS
- Positions: 3
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Director of Studies - salary starting from £621.99 a week plus free accommodation and food.
Assistant Director of Studies - salary starting from £481.90 a week plus free accommodation and food.
Details of Position
We are now looking to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated and responsible Directors of Studies and Assistant Directors of Studies for our Young Learner Courses running at four UK independent schools between June and August.
Directors of Studies are responsible for the effective running of the academic side of the Young Learner programme including management of EFL Teachers, provision of academic advice, managing resources and preparation of study tours and excursions, as well as participation in activities.
Assistant Directors of Studies will assist in the effective running of the academic component of the programmes to deliver maximum quality, efficiency and student satisfaction.
- Bell St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Bloxham School, Oxfordshire
- The Leys, Cambridge
- Wellington College, Berkshire
Each school provides both staff and children with excellent premises and facilities and we offer accommodation, meals and professional development opportunities.
- Director of Studies: Delta qualified or equivalent
- Assistant Director of Studies: CELTA qualified or equivalent
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Teaching experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Team leadership/people management
- Proficiency in time management
- Residential experience
- Teacher observation and teacher development experience
- Experience of academic management of a Young Learner centre
- Experience of materials development
Eligibility and Safe Recruitment
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK
Bell is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment:
- A DBS Check will be requested in the event of a successful application
- All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required
- All references will be followed up and reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason you should not be engaged in situations where you have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18
-Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment
Salary and Benefits
- For Assistant Directors of Studies, salary from £430 per week (dependent on experience) plus from £51.90 per week statutory annual leave payment
- Paid training weekend on 25th & 26th May 2019
- Free accommodation and meals
- Outstanding facilities and resources
- Well established systems and operating procedures with personalised staff support
Bell Educational Services
More Company Information
Click here to visit the
Bell Educational Services website
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Certificate & Master Diploma Courses. Courses include: Teaching Young Learners, One-to-One, Business English, Grammar Awareness and Teaching English Online. Full Tutor Support and Employment Assistance.Click to find out more.
Join our highly-rated, accredited course. Hands-on practice teaching with adults & children. TEFL-ize yourself with TEFL International Prague and acknowledge the advantages of small courses at a large family-run language school.Click to find out more.
Take a Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL course with Cactus and get a guaranteed interview. Choose from teaching positions in the UK, Spain and China, among others!Click to find out more.
TEFL Worldwide offers the Internationally Recognized and Accredited 4-week TEFL Course in Prague! Lifetime job assistance provided worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries! Highly rated by language schools and graduates.Click to find out more.