EFL Teacher at an English Summer School
- United Kingdom: Oundle School (Northamptonshire), Worth School (West Sussex), Seaford College (West Sussex).
- Exsportise Ltd
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Number of positions: 25
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
- Applicant must have right to work in United Kingdom.
Details of Position
Exsportises motto is "Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."
We are British Council accredited and have been awarded EL Gazette Centre of Excellence status based on British Council Inspectors publishable statements.
Our courses run at independent British boarding schools, in stunning locations, from 25/06/2023 - 12/08/2023, contract lengths are from 2 - 7 weeks.
You will have the chance to work in a fast paced and energetic multi-national environment and help inspire young students from around the world.
We have two types of Teachers:
Band 1 Teacher:
- split time between EFL department and social programme.
- You will be "buddied" up with a Band 2 teacher, depending on the needs of the students and your experience, your teaching may include taking the entire lesson, or elements of it, or working with certain students who would benefit from additional support.
- Maximum teaching contact time of 10 hours per week, up to 2 hours prep and admin time per day plus allocated meeting and CPD time.
- Involvement in evening events, weekend excursions and airport trips as well as meal time supervision and wake-up/bedtime duties(on a rota basis).
Band 2 Teacher:
- weekdays teaching plus one weekend excursion / airport day
- Maximum teaching contact time of 25 hours per week, up to 3 hours of prep and admin time per day plus allocated meeting and CPD time.
- You will be "buddied" up with a Band 1 teacher who will teach with you for up to 10 hours per week.
- No evening social programme but one excursion or airport trip per weekend as well as meal time supervision and wake-up/bedtime duties (on a rota basis).
Exsportise is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
ALL STAFF ARE SUBJECT TO A DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE (DBS) CHECK AMONG OTHER SAFER RECRUITMENT CHECKS. Referees will be asked specifically if there is any reason why you should not be engaged in situations where you have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Any offer of employment may be withdrawn if references are not received, are inadequate or it becomes evident that you have knowingly withheld or have given misleading or false information.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK (EU citizens need settled/pre settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme or be in possession of a "Frontier Worker Permit" or another work visa. Exsportise cannot support any visa applications.
- First degree or equivalent
- CELTA, Trinity TESOL or Accreditation UK recognised equivalent or PGCE (in English or MFL)
- CELTAYL preferred
- Previous residential summer school experience and experience of teaching mixed nationality groups is preferred
Salary and Benefits
- The chance to work in a fast paced and energetic multi-national environment
- A 2 day induction programme designed to prepare you for camp life
- Free full board accommodation (worth £63.70 per week)
- One full day off per week plus up to a third of each working day off
- Use of the centres sports facilities in your free time
Initial contracts are normally up to 4 weeks. Contract extensions may be offered and are dependent on performance and student numbers.
TEFL Trinity CertTESOL Courses in Rome and Malaga Beach. 100% Online, Blended and Face-to-face Courses.
Including life long career service.www.tefl-abroad.org/
Learn how to teach English confidently and get the most prestigious TEFL Certificate! Small groups, personal approach and individual support. Highly qualified, experienced and supportive team of tutors. Very high pass rate!www.teflcertificates-avo.com
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack