Full Time Teacher of English - Global Talent Pool
- Deadline: Fri 22 Nov 2024 00:00:00 UTC
- Spain, Colombia, France, Kuwait, Vietnam: Madrid.
- British Council
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Number of positions: 50
- Degree Required
Details of Position
- To maintain and enhance professional development and academic quality in the teaching centre, through the management of in-house teacher development programme and support
- To promote and ensure quality teaching and effective learning of English
- To provide learners with a rewarding and stimulating English language learning experience
- To support the wider aims of British Council and its cultural relations mission
- Plan, prepare and deliver high-quality English language teaching that meets the needs of different customer groups, taking into account individual learning styles.
- Actively engage in professional development and performance management to ensure quality and high standards in teaching and learning and maintain British Councils position at the forefront of best ELT practices.
- Ensure safeguarding and guidelines are applied and upheld in line with standards and policy for the following areas:
o Child Protection
o Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
o Information management
o Health and safety
Important notice before you apply:
ALL active vacancies will be published on our Careers Website, however we are encouraging Teachers who are interested in working with us, to join our talent pool.
If you choose to join our Talent Pool, you will be asked to complete an application form. As soon as we have a relevant opportunity matching your skill set and your candidature is a fit, you shall be contacted for the next steps in the Recruitment process.
Passport requirements/ Right to work in country: Candidates must have a passport with validity for a minimum of 18 months from the start date in role. All necessary background checks as per the British Council Pre-Appointment Screening policy along with medical check-up will need to be completed successfully prior to signing the final employment contract.
- Cambridge CELTA/ Trinity Cert TESOL or equivalent
- Bachelor / First University degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years post-certificate i.e., CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL experience gained from teaching a variety of age groups and levels from young learners through to adults.
- DELTA or Trinity Diploma or relevant PGCE
- Proven experience and skills in:
Experience in teaching of the following age groups related to the project:
o Young learners aged 8 to 12 (600+ hours)
o Young learners aged 13 to 17 (600+hours)
o Adults aged 18+ (600+ hours)
Salary and Benefits
- An inclusive and engaging work environment encouraging cross-team collaboration and building connections with colleagues from different disciplines around the world.
- Allowances: Accommodation/Medical (As applicable by region/country norms)
- Annual Leave: Teachers are entitled to paid leave per year as per standard British Council policy
Book your Cambridge CELTA Course at IELS Malta and start your career in English language teaching anywhere in the world!
A 4-week intensive course for applicants with little or no experience from 04 March. FREE accommodation for the first students!www.ielsmalta.com
With 20+ years of ESL expertise, Maximo Nivel's award-winning TEFL course combines hands-on training with theory to successfully teach all over the world.www.maximonivel.com
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
Learn how to teach English confidently and get the most prestigious TEFL Certificate! Small groups, personal approach and individual support. Highly qualified, experienced and supportive team of tutors. Very high pass rate!www.teflcertificates-avo.com
TEFL CertTESOL Courses in Rome (Italy) and Malaga (Spain), accredited by Trinity College London. 100% Online, Blended and Face-to-face Courses.
Sign up now and start your teaching career next month!www.tefl-abroad.org