Summer EFL teachers
- United Kingdom: Kensington, London.
- Discovery Summer
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 10
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
We have residential courses at top boarding schools as well as non-residential courses in Kensington, central London.
Contract dates: These vary centre to centre. From late June - mid-August for 3-6 weeks.
Residential locations: Radley College, near Oxford (11-17); Marymount International School, Kingston-upon-Thames (8-13); ACS Cobham, Surrey (10-16).
Non-residential locations: Collingham, Kensington, central London (juniors 5-17, adults 18+), Marymount International School, Kingston-upon-Thames (8-13)
Hours: Residential staff work 6 days a week with free accommodation provided at the school
Non-residential staff work Monday to Friday 17.5 hours per week 09:00-12:30(Collingham), Monday to Friday 26 contact hours per week, daily timetable varies (Marymount)
You will be responsible for planning and delivering high-quality, communicative EFL lessons. Lessons will include engaging activities to help students develop accuracy, fluency and most importantly, confidence in spoken English.
Great reasons to work for Discovery Summer:
- Each year we welcome students from approximately 50 countries
- Excellent opportunity to acquire new teaching skills in one of the UKs top British Council Accredited Schools. In our 2018 British Council inspection we were awarded 14 strengths out of a possible 15.
- Up to 10% of students are British, our English Student Hosts. Maximum class size is 12 international students + 1 English Student Host
- Join experienced teams! Over 60% of our staff return each summer. Many of our staff have been with us for 5 years or more.
Please see our website for the full job description, online application form and details of the application process. We run a rolling recruitment programme so please apply asap.
Discovery Summer is committed to ensuring the safeguarding of children and young people and we expect our staff to share this commitment. To this end, all references will be followed up, gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and appropriate criminal checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
- Must have right to work in the UK
- First degree (any discipline)
- CELTA, Trinity TESOL, BEd/PGCE (Primary Education, English or MFL) or EFL Level 5
- Ability to provide a clear and accurate model of the English language
- Passionate about teaching and learning
- Previous summer school experience/International school experience
- Experience of teaching multi-lingual classes
- Young Learner specialism e.g. TYLEC
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to work alongside colleagues, contributing effectively to a team
- Ability to effectively motivate children and teenagers
- Good administrative skills
- Able to work comfortably in a fast paced, intensive environment
- Committed to producing student centred, interactive classes
- Organised and with high professional and personal standards
- Culturally sensitive and genuinely enjoys working with young people
- Open to receiving feedback and wants to develop new skills
- Creative, energetic and fun
Salary and Benefits
DELTA + 5 years experience: £700 gross per week (£625 + 12.07% holiday pay)
At least 5 years: £689 gross per week (£615 + 12.07% holiday pay)
At least 3 years: £678 gross per week (£605 + 12.07% holiday pay)
At least 1 year: £650 gross per week (£580 + 12.07% holiday pay)
Under 1 year: £594 gross per week (£530 + 12.07% holiday pay)
Residential staff work a 6-day week with free full board accommodation provided at the school
(worth £60.90 per week).
Two-day induction, paid pro rata
Non-residential teachers (London only)
DELTA + 5 years experience: £23.27 gross per hour (+ 12.07% holiday pay)
At least 5 years: £20.94 gross per hour (+ 12.07% holiday pay)
At least 3 years: £19.80 gross per hour (+ 12.07% holiday pay)
At least 1 year: £18.61 gross per hour (+ 12.07% holiday pay)
Under 1 year: £17.78 gross per hour (+ 12.07% holiday pay)
Induction paid pro-rata
TEFL Trinity CertTESOL Courses in Rome and Malaga Beach. 100% Online, Blended and Face-to-face Courses.
Including life long career service.www.tefl-abroad.org/
CertTESOL, Trinity College TESOL face-to-face, 4-week intensive training course in Istanbul. £870 SPECIAL OFFER for our August course. Max 8 trainees!
Get your worldwide recognised, prestigious TESOL-TEFL certificate in this fascinating city and start teaching English anywhere in the world.www.tesol-turkey.com
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack