Teacher/Social Media Video Blogger
- Online: Online.
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Freelance Position
- Degree Required
In your cover letter, please tell us why you'd be a great fit for this position. If you pass the initial screening process, we'll be in touch to ask for a fun and snappy 30-second video introduction of yourself.
Details of Position
- to deliver high-quality Shiminly classes and workshops online via Zoom to K1-12 students based in India
- to help build an audience of current and prospective students/parents on Facebook and Instagram
- to create short, fun and inspiring video blogs relating to Shiminly, our curriculum and educational content in general
- to liaise with our sales and digital marketing team to advise, collaborate and innovate ways that Shiminly can grow its online presence and student base
- A kind soul, a sparkling personality and a winning smile
- A bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 2 years' experience teaching ESL learners
- Minimum of 1 year's experience teaching online
- Availability between the hours of 6:30 am and 10:30 am Eastern Standard Time for classes (additional work that is not teaching related can be done flexibly around these hours)
- Own reliable Internet connection and online teaching equipment (i.e. computer, webcam, headphones, etc.)
- Experienced and skilled in using YouTube, Facebook and Instagram
- Experienced and equipped to make high-quality, professional video blog content (i.e. access to HD recording equipment, lighting, video editing software, etc.)
Very Desirable ( but not essential)
- Experience teaching K1-12 in a public or private setting
- Experience teaching using explorative and questioning methods (i.e. inquiry-based, task-based, Socratic, etc)
- Access to professional video blogging equipment (i.e. 4k camera, professional lighting, condenser mic, professional video editing software, soundproofing, etc.)
- Experience with copyediting websites and social media pages
About Us: Shiminly is an ed-tech platform that specializes in holistic cross-disciplinary programs for K-12 schools. We offer dynamic courses, tailor-made from over 800 lessons spanning topics such as civics, arts, world studies, practical skills, STEM and PSEH.
Though our curriculum is delivered in English and is designed to support ESL speakers, we are not an ESL program. Our focus is on nurturing what we believe to be core skills, such as:
- Critical Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
- Global Citizenship
- Creativity and Innovation
- Self-awareness and Adaptability
- Teamwork and Communication
- Motivation and Exploration
We endeavour to teach these skills through diverse topic exploration using a wide range of inquiry-based and explorative learning methods. Our teachers make our lessons fun and meaningful to the students, so as to instil lifelong learning and empower the next generation to take control of their future.
As we all know, the turn of this decade has seen a massive turning point for humanity and our planet. How we imagine our children's future and their education is changing constantly. However, so much uncertainty leaves room for innovation, and the world of online learning has undergone a dramatic transformation in a matter of months. At Shiminly, we believe we can use technology to reach students in ways everyday schooling cannot, and we're determined to play our part in creating resilient, empathetic, future-ready global citizens.
Salary and Benefits
- A flexible independent contractor agreement
- Paid training (initial and ongoing)
- Work entirely from home (or on the move)
- Get the chance to learn and grow with a young ed-tech company
- Get the chance to connect with and inspire students in India and beyond as we expand across Asia
Gain the freedom to work from home or travel the world while working by teaching English online or in the classroom.
120-Hour TEFL certificate course - 84% discount for Tefl.com members. Enroll Now!International Open Academy
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
Latest TEFL Blog Posts