- Deadline: Fri 06 Aug 2021 00:00:00 UTC
- United Kingdom: Cambridge, CB5 8AD.
- Cambridge Education Group
- Experience: 3 YEARS
- Positions: 1
Details of Position
You will be teaching academic English to motivated students from around the globe.
Stafford House is a global company with schools based in the UK, USA and Canada, but also our sales team based around the world recruiting great students! Our mission is to educate, inspire, and help our students enjoy our cities, empowering them with confidence, to realise their personal potential. We offer a true experience for our students, and it takes dedicated and special employees to help deliver that. Our Lions are part of the Stafford House family from the start as we quickly integrate people into the team and look to build individuals skills to allow them to truly excel in their role and push on to greater things. Once a Lion, always a lion!
SHI will deliver English courses to Cambridge School of Visual and Performing Arts (CSVPA) students. CSVPA is one of the UKs leading providers of Art & Design, Drama and Music pathway and degree programmes. Since 1985, CSVPA has been a specialist arts foundation school, and over time has grown its portfolio to include undergraduate degrees and a Masters preparation programme. Our unique and personalised approach to creative learning has given students the opportunity to develop their skills, build their confidence and progress onto some of the most prestigious Art & Design schools, music conservatoires and world-renowned drama schools.
In addition to delivering lessons for the CSVPA students, you may at times be timetabled for classes on the year-round, Stafford House language school programmes.
At Stafford House International we are committed to putting our students at the heart of everything we do and we need customer centred thinkers to help us to deliver an outstanding student experience.
We encourage our staff to be proactive, quick thinking and we love to hear new ideas and also contributions on how we can improve and evolve our current practices. As an English Teacher you will develop, deliver, and support academic programmes in line with agreed standards and policies.
Your Profile and Responsibilities
-To teach general English, IELTS preparation classes and academic language support classes for arts students.
-To plan, prepare and teach strong lessons for the classroom which enthuse and inspire students of the arts, and promote enjoyment of learning. To effectively use a variety of learning styles, having regard to the individual learning needs of arts students. To select and sequence appropriate materials, resources and approaches according to the course type and learners.
- To assess, track and provide relevant and timely feedback on achievement, progress and developmental needs to students, academic and other managers/colleagues, including student records.
- To write academic reports on students with clear formative comments and targets as to how to improve work, by deadlines given in line with college assessment cycles, and provide regular estimated grades and feedback on tests as required. Maintain effective records of lessons, grades awarded and marks given in class. Ensure accurate attendance records are kept for every lesson using the relevant electronic systems.
- To set, evaluate, and mark students course work, homework and other assignments promptly, and to record marks on school systems as requested, in accordance with the school Assessment and Marking Policy and procedures.
- To administer and mark placement tests, and carry out a range of formative and summative assessments as appropriate.
- To complete associated and administrative tasks to deadlines, as directed.
- To take on Personal Tutor duties for a group of students, which include but are not limited to the following: to induct students appropriately; to provide academic advice, counselling, educational guidance, and tutorial support to students, including individual learning plans as directed; to supervise students attendance and behaviour and follow up as appropriate, in accordance with the school Behaviour and Attendance policies.
- To provide work for supervised study when a student has not completed assignments, notify Academic Coordinator or relevant staff, and ensure work is marked promptly.
- To develop materials and resources, implement, support and/or lead in the production and improvement of Schemes of Work as appropriate, and undertake other academic project work as directed.
- To ensure lessons are in line with Schemes of Work (SoW) and their respective objectives, and that these are shared with students. To give feedback on materials, courses and lessons to academic and other managers/colleagues as required.
- To contribute towards the optimal utilization of learning environments, e.g. notice boards and displays to motivate and inform students.
- To attend academic, departmental and school meetings when required, and attend/deliver INSET sessions as directed. Part-time staff are required to attend meetings and may claim payment at meetings rate to do so.
- To supervise and accompany students on excursions, as appropriate, ensuring their safety and welfare at all times.
- To encourage students to participate in all sports and social activities.
- To adhere to the standards and procedures detailed in the Staff Handbook.
- To deal with student issues/emergencies as and when they arise.
- To be aware of your responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons you are responsible for/come into contact with during your employment, and be fully aware of the school Child Protection Policy.
- To participate in Performance Management (PM) scheme in line with school policies and procedures.
- Is supportive of the aims, ethos and mission statement of the school.
- CELTA (preferred DELTA or MA)
- At least 3 years teaching experience
- Thorough knowledge of IELTS
- Experience of teaching for exam preparation
- Experience of teaching EAP
- Commitment to delivering high quality lessons
- Solid classroom management skills
- Excellent IT skills
Salary and Benefits
Cambridge Education Group
More Company Information
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the Cambridge Education Group website
Gain the freedom to work from home or travel the world while working by teaching English online or in the classroom.
120-Hour TEFL certificate course - 84% discount for Tefl.com members. Enroll Now!International Open Academy
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
Latest TEFL Blog Posts