Online English Teachers
- Deadline: Wed 12 May 2021 00:00:00 UTC
- Online: Online.
- Twinkle Prep
- Experience: 5 YEARS
- Positions: 5
- Freelance Position
- Degree Required
A FINAL NOTE - IMPORTANT. Please don't send generic cover letters. We took the time to say who we are and what we're trying to do, so please respond directly to the ad. Say why you fit with our project. =)
Details of Position
Jool is quite simple.
It is supposed to be an antidote to the rubbish education that schools proffer around the world and rubbish materials teachers are asked to teach with. We, simply, want to build an online school that delights learners and sets the highest possible expectations without ever giving our students stress or anxiety about the experience.
We aim to do 3 three things:
1) Connect our students with teachers who are full of passion and energy to delight them.
2) Change the way education online is perceived and taught by making the expectations on quality and achievement much higher - from the teacher and student perspective.
3) Never ever let our standards drop. Our commitment is to the kids and to give them the best experience possible.
1. Lots of paragraphs from the kids, which means lots of projects and open questions. One of the biggest weaknesses in almost every kid is their ability to speak in paragraphs and expand on answers.
2. Lots of advanced vocabulary usage - never accept good/bad/nice/cute/big/small - use it as a learning opportunity to develop better words.
3. Always insist on full sentences with an explanation.
4. Lots of delight and fun - feel free to go off-book and do something brilliant.
5. Try to put the focus on the kids doing the work, so a lot less teacher talking time.
We need teachers with a real passion to teach. It's not easy work because we set homework, check it, send progress reports, and push ourselves to be better. We do a lot of training and development.
In return, you get to work for a growing game-changer. We're expanding into different areas like camps, physical schools, and publishing, so there are opportunities as we grow to be involved. We're founded by teachers and have put the hours in, so we understand the challenges and want to help our teachers find the satisfaction of talking about black holes and democracy rather than banana flashcards and the alphabet.
You'll be working with an average level of B2+, so it's more like an international school.
You'll teach Jool students online to a professional standard with care, enthusiasm, and responsibility. We want teachers to delight and inspire students, so be ready to show that.
Classes run for one hour or 90 minutes. The onus is on a fast-paced, energetic class with high expectations. We encourage teachers to experiment to get the best out of students.
All materials are provided and you're free to add to them and get creative.
You'll teach through Zoom, so Zoom savvy teachers have an advantage.
We're particularly interested in teachers who are available between 8am - 2pm (UK time).
We teach speaking, literature, history & sociology, and science classes, so specialist experience or degrees in those areas would be an advantage.
Salary and Benefits
As we teach students mainly from South Korea, we're looking for teachers available in the mornings from 8am (UK time) - 2pm.
Gain the freedom to work from home or travel the world while working by teaching English online or in the classroom.
120-Hour TEFL certificate course - 84% discount for Tefl.com members. Enroll Now!International Open Academy
Start a new career as an English teacher and teach anywhere in the world. Book your interview now!www.tefl-abroad.org
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
Latest TEFL Blog Posts