- Deadline: Sat 12 Sep 2020 00:00:00 UTC
- Italy: Language Point Milan.
- Language Point
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 2
- Degree Required
Details of Position
Language Point is currently offering two full time teaching positions, starting from end of September/beginning of October 2020.
Hours: 25 hours per week contact hours + 4 hours training / meetings / admin
As a teacher at Language Point, you will be expected to undergo paid induction at start of contract, attend weekly or monthly CPD and informative meetings and deliver lessons to YLEs, teens and adults on and off-site.
Courses will cover exam preparation, general English and English for specific needs.
The school will support training initiatives if in line with the annual objectives.
Much of our work is off site and travel expenses are covered by Language Point. The school manages one company car that is allocated for off-site work.
- Apply the QA system to reflect the Didactic Policy (Mission) in all areas.
- Manage the classes and courses assigned according to the information given.
- Ensure the lesson and course content is coherent with the Syllabus and aims given by DoS.
- Ensure that groups and individuals are continuously monitored during lessons and collect feedback regularly in order to
guide lesson content.
- Teachers are responsible for student satisfaction relating to the teaching and meeting of objectives.
- Any problems arising in or out of the classroom, staff room or at any internal or external site where we are teaching
should be immediately reported to the Director or Quality Manager.
- Participate actively in meetings in order to be continuously updated on new initiatives, products, services, and projects.
- Participate actively in CPD sessions and professional training planned by the Director, Academic Manager, DoS, or CEM.
- Carry out peer observations and expect to be observed by Director, DoS, and peers.
- Arrive to lessons prepared and with all needed materials 10 minutes before the start time for both on-site and off-site
- Student self-study / homework should be checked by the teacher at least once a week and feedback given to the student.
- Written work must be marked promptly, feedback given, and rewrites encouraged.
- Supportive and useful feedback must be given on speaking tasks as part of continuous assessment.
- Teachers should make relevant notes on the online register to refer back to during individual student portfolios.
- Ensure the classroom is supervised under all circumstances during a lesson with under 18-year-olds.
- Behave professionally with students, clients, and colleagues at all times.
- Teachers should respect and support internal decisions where students and courses are concerned.
- Respect differences in culture, politics, or religion. Be sensitive when expressing personal preferences in the classroom.
- Support management and maintain a sense of loyalty and belonging to the school.
- Use appropriate tact when communicating with peers, colleagues, and clients.
- Follow the dress code: smart (not formal), clean and appropriate to the culture
Language Point is based in Central Milan Italy. The school is an accredited by MIUR (Ministry of Education, University and Research), by the Lombardy Region and is an AISLi school and, as such, adheres to high quality standards. Our strongest area continues to be the value and service we give to our clients.
We try to ensure that clients are well-aware of what they can expect from us and what we expect from them.
We try to help them to become autonomous in their learning by spending time on student inductions and giving individual tutorials to all of our in-house students.
The school is renowned for being supportive of teachers and investing in and encouraging CPD. We have been members of AISLi since 2007 and we encourage our employees to attend annual conferences.
Senior teacher / Teacher trainer: CELTA, DELTA or equivalent, degree and clean driving license
Salary and Benefits
Benefits: paid national holidays, CPD support, personal CPD contribution.
Start January with initial contract to 30th June 2020 with a possibility to extend.
Start a new career as an English teacher and teach anywhere in the world. Book your interview now!www.tefl-abroad.org
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our 2020 Media Pack
INSTANT email delivery of the latest worldwide vacancies immediately they are posted to the TEFL.com platform. No need to search, as the latest jobs will be in your mailbox!Tell me more
Latest TEFL Blog Posts