Residential Spring and Summer EFL Teacher Positions for 2020
- Deadline: Fri 29 May 2020 00:00:00 UTC
- United Kingdom: Guestling, near Hastings.
- Buckswood Overseas Summer School
- Experience: NO PREFERENCE
- Positions: 10
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
We are currently recruiting residential TEFL Teachers who will also partake in our activity and excursion programme during the following dates:
Spring Course: Friday 27th March to Saturday 18th April 2020 (2 day induction included)
Summer School: Thursday 25th June to Saturday 15th August 2020 (3 day induction included)
All students are residential and will join our courses that include:
- 20 hours of English per week
- An internationally recognised ESOL exam
- Two full day and two half day excursions per week
- Museum and attraction entrance fees
- Full Afternoon and Evening Activity Programme
- All course materials
- Full board accommodation
- Student travel insurance
- Laundry service
- BOSS wristband, BOSS water bottle, BOSS folder, BOSS diary and BOSS t-shirt
All duties are meticulously scheduled and your weekly scheduled duties will not surpass 48 hours. Duties will comprise of two components: classroom teaching and the supervision of the activity and excursion programme.
Twenty hours of your contracted time will be teaching and a minimum of five hours per week will be dedicated to lesson planning. Teaching will generally take place between 09:30 and 16:30 over 5 days.
Activity and Excursion Components
Approximately nineteen hours will be dedicated to our activity and excursion programme consisting of one half day and one full day excursion per week as well as some onsite afternoon and evening activities.
You may also be allocated specific duties to be carried out at specific times. These will be your sole responsibility and you will be expected to carry them out actively and responsibly.
Typically these duties will involve:
- Taking an active role in the safeguarding of our students
- Orienting and helping new students as instructed
- Facilitating assembly at points and prearranged times
- Actively supervising defined areas at specified times as required
- Supervising students on excursions and ensuring their safe transport
- Supervising and taking part in activities for example, sports, discos, talent nights, etc.
- Airport duties as specified
- Patrolling school or site boundaries and ensuring that students to not leave the premises without supervision and permission
- Upholding the reputation of Buckswood Overseas Summer School
It is considered impossible to define every duty, and the teacher/supervisor is required to do whatever is necessary to ensure the safeguarding and happiness of the students and the smooth running of the course.
As a residential team member, you will be expected to use maturity and judgement to respond appropriately not only to emergencies, but also to any situation where you are the nearest person to hand, or the first to become aware of any situation which requires supervisory action.
At induction, teachers can indicate whether they wish to be included in the list of staff who would like to be offered additional work to maximise earnings. This will enable the Summer School Director to take this into account as early as possible in the planning of weekly timetables.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Our Equal Opportunities Policy states:
In the recruitment, selection, training, appraisal, development and promotion of staff, the only consideration must be that the individual meets, or is likely to meet the requirements of the programme or course or post. The requirements being met, no employee will be discriminated against on the basis of their sex, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality (within current legislation), age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, caring or parental responsibilities, or beliefs on matters such as religion or politics.
Staff Recruitment Policy
To ensure that employees working are suitable for working with children, the following procedures will be followed:
- All staff must submit a CV and explain any gaps or inconsistencies.
- Two references will be needed (at least one in writing) to confirm the employees work history, suitability for the work offered and their character. The reference request clearly asks if the referee has any reason to believe that the employee is unsuitable for work with children.
- A Child Protection Self Declaration Form must be completed and returned with the offer letter signed by the employee and Summer School Director.
- The Staff Handbook which accompanies the each contract, clearly states child welfare and individual privacy. All members of staff must follow these policies.
- The Staff Handbook also clearly states conduct and this is detrimental to the welfare and safety of the children and will result in Summary Dismissal.
- All staff will provide relevant documentation and complete a DBS disclosure.
Weekend TEFL courses and online courses with no observed teaching practice do not meet British Council standards.
Experience of teaching juniors on a residential course would be beneficial but enthusiasm, motivation and being part of a team are just as important. We welcome newly qualified teachers looking for a first teaching position who can demonstrate that they can be a valuable member of the team.
Salary and Benefits
- 12.1% holiday pay
- Weekly professional development sessions
Buckswood Overseas Summer School
More Company Information
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the Buckswood Overseas Summer School website
We have over 20 years’ experience delivering full-time and part-time CELTA courses and have a 98% pass rate.Click to find out more.
4-week accredited TEFL/CELTA Courses in The Czech Republic, Spain, China, Thailand, Peru, Costa Rica, Argentina, Guatemala, Mexico and The USA.
Upon successful completion, ITTO guarantees job placement and job contacts worldwide. Find out how you can save up to US$200 Call Us Now!Click to find out more.
Work and Travel with ITTO, get Certified to Teach English and obtain Guaranteed Paid Job Placement in Mexico / Job contacts Worldwide.
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel.Click to find out more.