EFL Teacher - Full Time - English Today, Culford, Bury St Edmunds
- Deadline: Wed 15 May 2019 00:00:00 GMT
- United Kingdom: Culford, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP28 6TX.
Learn English Today Limited
Responds to Over 90% of job applications usually within 4 days
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Are you seeking the freedom to let loose your dynamism, show off your creativity, and display your passion for teaching English?
Do you fancy working in a small friendly team, where your voice is heard?
Then this is the chance for you to be the teacher joining our happy, enthusiastic team.
You must be suitably TEFL qualified, a great team player, and prepared to consider a long-term role in a high-class school in glorious surroundings.
Details of Position
20 hours classroom per week, plus leading on curriculum-based workshops, activities, fun-sports and excursions.
Initial contract 8 1/2 weeks between 6 June & 4 August 2019, with extension possibilities for the right candidate.
Non-residential (except during summer school).
Our courses are designed to build the confidence of all our young learners and therefore experience of working with teenagers is useful.
Successful applicants will be expected to take on a variety of roles at English Today. Main duties will comprise three components: Teaching, Activity Supervision, Pastoral Care.
- Teaching structured lessons that are well planned and well executed. Particular detail expected will be for differentiation within the classroom, and focusing on meeting aims and objectives set. All teachers will have lesson planning time.
- Classroom teaching takes place between 08:30 and 13:00 with team-teaching, in the afternoons, in the form of excursion workshops, sports/craft activities and drama.
- Teachers follow a syllabus created by the Director of Studies, with autonomy provided in teacher's choice lessons, during specific scheduled periods in the week.
* Activity Supervision.
- Our staff are "all-rounders" and are expected to assist or lead groups in a number of sports and extra-curricular activities.
* Pastoral Care.
- English Today is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Our staff are able readily to converse with our young protégés and take a genuine interest in making sure they are well looked after and catered for. Pastoral care is a fundamental element of an employee's role here at English Today. You will be allocated specific duties during your employment and supported throughout your time here with us.
* Taking an active role in the safeguarding of our students.
* Supervising specific areas during break, lunch and evening social times.
* Supervising students on excursions and ensuring their safety for the entirety of the excursion.
* Supervising and getting actively involved in activities such as sports and games (great fun!)
* Upholding the reputation of English Today.
Applicants must send a cover letter and CV. Any gaps in an applicant's employment history should be explained.
We require details of two references for successful applicants, one of which must be a past employer. Employment cannot commence until the references have been cleared.
All staff should provide relevant documentation of educational achievements and must complete a DBS disclosure form. Whether staff have a transferable DBS Certificate or not, it must be declared as soon as possible so normal protocol can be followed in time for commencement of employment. Any staff that have not completed a safeguarding course within the last 2 years will be expected to undertake an online "Safeguarding Young People" course during their induction period and they will be presented with relevant material in the staff handbook.
To apply please send CV and post/email a letter to our director to introduce yourself and explain why you think you are suitable for our position.
Native level speaker of English
CELTA/Trinity Cert TESOL qualified
Minimum 1 years teaching experience
Experience working in a multicultural environment
Essential skills include: ability to work in a team, ability to build and foster relationships, ability to motivate and develop others, great customer service skills, enthusiastic spirit, effective communication and ability to manage own performance.
Transferable DBS Enhanced Disclosure certificate
First Aid certificate
Salary and Benefits
Learn English Today Limited
More Company Information
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the Learn English Today Limited website
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Take The Anglo 8-week summer Delta M2 course in Cancun, Mondays – Thursdays. Or the 4-week summer CELTA course in Puerto Vallarta. EARLY BIRD PRICES available now!www.cpda.anglo.mx
Train To Teach
The only Trinity CertTESOL in Thailand. Certified and recognised worldwide. Beautiful location. Small groups.Teaching practice in real schools. Meals and accommodation included. Job Placement available on course completion.Click to find out more.
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel! Choose ITTO TEFL - TESOL Programs!Click to find out more.
Certificate & Master Diploma Courses. Courses include: Teaching Young Learners, One-to-One, Business English, Grammar Awareness and Teaching English Online. Full Tutor Support and Employment Assistance.Click to find out more.
Join our highly-rated, accredited course. Hands-on practice teaching with adults & children. TEFL-ize yourself with TEFL International Prague and acknowledge the advantages of small courses at a large family-run language school.Click to find out more.
3 month internationally recognised and accredited course with the Global English Teaching (GET) Academy. Includes 300 hours Teaching Practice in real Austrian classrooms. Apply NOW!Click to find out more.
Looking for an opportunity to expand your career choices at home or abroad, fund your travels or attain an internationally-recognised TESOL qualification? If yes, then one of our flagship TESOL courses could be for you! BA (Hons) TESOL & Linguistics MA Education with TESOL.Click to find out more.