EFL Teacher / English as a Foreign Language Teacher / Teacher
- United Kingdom: Brighton, Sussex.
- Embassy Summer
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 50
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
From £405 per week
Details of Position
It is our shared goal to ensure that every student leaves our Embassy Summer centres with:
* Confidence in communicating in English
* A love for the English language and culture
* A feeling of having studied in a safe, secure and tolerant environment
* Engaged in enjoyable activities and excursions, that support character development
* Accessed a global community of peers, and made friends for life.
As an EFL Teacher you'll be motivating and engaging our students through their learning experience, alongside actively promoting the development of their Life Skills.
With each student receiving 15 hours of English language tuition, our teachers play a pivotal role in the student experience.
We invite all our staff the opportunity to take part in a number of training events and workshops in the lead up to the summer, giving you the opportunity to sample our resources, interact with exciting technologies and share ideas with other team members.
To be shortlisted by our Summer recruitment team you'll need to show us that you meet or exceed the following criteria:
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent organisational and planning skills
* Ability to deal with and resolve complex problems and issues
* Ability to motivate and engage students
* Ability to work under pressure
You'll also need to demonstrate:
* The ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with
children and young people.
* Educated to Degree Level or equivalent (Essential)
* CELTA / Trinity CertTESOL(TEFLI) or appropriate qualified teacher status (Essential)
Salary and Benefits
Full Board Residential (£44.80 deduction per week) and Non-Residential options
Our staff also benefit from:
Although we provide a number of learning resources, we encourage our teachers to supplement these, making their lessons both personal and unique
All of our schools operate a 'co-teaching' scheme, meaning that our teachers are paired during their induction period with another member of our team. This gives teachers the opportunity to share ideas and create more effective lesson plans. Alongside this, teachers will also swap classes, giving you more exposure to different learning styles, nationalities and age ranges.
Strong leadership teams:-
With our experience and knowledge of summer schools, we have successfully created bespoke management structures within each centres, ensuring that our staff have as much support as possible. In addition a large proportion of our academic management teams are Embassy Summer returners, offering weekly workshops.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Join our highly-rated, accredited course. Hands-on practice teaching with adults & children. TEFL-ize yourself with TEFL International Prague and acknowledge the advantages of small courses at a large family-run language school.Click to find out more.
Take a Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL course with Cactus and get a guaranteed interview. Choose from teaching positions in the UK, Spain and China, among others!Click to find out more.
TEFL Worldwide offers the Internationally Recognized and Accredited 4-week TEFL Course in Prague! Lifetime job assistance provided worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries! Highly rated by language schools and graduates.Click to find out more.
We have over 20 years’ experience delivering full-time and part-time CELTA courses and have a 98% pass rate.Click to find out more.