Director of Studies
- Deadline: Sun 15 May 2016 00:00:00 GMT
- United Kingdom: Liverpool.
- New College Group
- Experience: NOT APPLICABLE
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Details of Position
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assist with running and developing the EFL academic department at NCG Liverpool
* Ensure clear lines of communication are maintained with teaching staff
* Provide students with appropriate guidance regarding academic performance
* Deal with student queries and complaints
* Liaise with teaching staff regarding student achievement
* Run the new student induction
* Maintain stock levels of course books and order new materials as and when necessary
* Assist with the administration, assessment and placement testing of new students
* Assist with reviewing feedback from the evaluation processes
* Assist with recruitment, interviewing and induction of new teachers
* Conduct teaching observations
* Assist with continuing professional development of teachers
* Assisting with the design and implementation of assessments
* Assisting with the management and running of the student social programme
* Act as a cover teacher as and when required
* Participating in all mandatory training re Health and Safety and Safeguarding as required by the college
* Liaising with and assisting other departments where necessary to ensure students have a positive experience at the college
New College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references.
Degree level qualified with a TEFLQ level diploma/masters
Substantial teaching experience in different contexts
Able to teach a variety of different levels and courses at short notice
Competent in Excel, Word
Strong administration skills
Strong communication skills
Previous experience in a management role
Experience in continuous enrolment at a language school in the UK
Experience of delivering workshops and seminars
Experience and strong interest in teacher training and CPD
Salary and Benefits
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
We have over 20 years’ experience delivering full-time and part-time CELTA courses and have a 98% pass rate.Click to find out more.
Our highly rated, accredited courses will help you access 1,000s of international and online teaching opportunities. Learn how to teach TEFL and book your course today.Click to find out more.
Build up your classroom confidence: assessed teaching practice, individual help, support and professional feedback by experienced Cambridge CELTA tutors. Very high pass rate. Register now and get EARLY BIRD discount. Special package with accommodation included.Click to find out more.
Accredited Course, Live Teaching Practice, Full Board & Accommodation in Beautiful Hotels included. Over 800 Graduates a Year. 200 Scholarships still Available! Apply and Save NowClick to find out more.
The only Trinity CertTESOL in Thailand. Certified and recognised worldwide. Beautiful location. Small groups.Teaching practice in real schools. Meals and accommodation included. Job Placement available on course completion.Click to find out more.
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel! Choose ITTO TEFL - TESOL Programs!Click to find out more.
Certificate & Master Diploma Courses. Courses include: Teaching Young Learners, One-to-One, Business English, Grammar Awareness and Teaching English Online. Full Tutor Support and Employment Assistance.Click to find out more.