ENGLISH TEACHER required for APRIL
- Deadline: Fri 23 Mar 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- Spain, Arrasate-Mondragon, Basque Country
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Details of Position
Start: Monday 9th April 2018
End: end June/July 2018 (to be agreed with teacher)
Conditions, Working Week, etc.
- An average week involves 24 hours' teaching - Children, teenagers, young adults, as well as business, general and exam classes - a bit of everything usually. You may also be involved Skype classes.
- The weekly workload varies slightly depending mainly on which intensive courses are on from week to week.
- Classes usually start at 7.30, 7.45 or 8.00. Classes often finish at around 20.00. There are of course many periods of inactivity during the working day.
- Some of the lessons may be in-company, which means you have to travel from place to place. Company car available.
- The contract has a 3-month trial period. This protects both sides, employee and employer
- We invite teachers for training prior to starting. (A teacher starting at the beginning of the academic year is invited to come for training a week before starting with their classes. On this occasion, however, classes start on 9th April, after the Easter holidays. If the applicant is interested in coming for training, they are very welcome to come on 26, 27 and 28th March. In any case the teacher will receive all the information and material they need before going to class.)
- We find shared accommodation (average monthly rent: 700 for a 3-roomed flat = 250 + bills per person).
- Possibility of renewed contract for 2018-2019.
- We pick you up from the airport eg. Bilbao and take you to your flat.
Typically, you would have about 2 calendar weeks at Christmas (Dec. 22-Jan 6 approx.), 10 calendar days at Easter, plus one or two national holidays / saints' days throughout the year (fiestas and puentes).
- Degree Required
- Preferred qualifications:
- Cambridge CELTA
- Teaching experience:
- 1 years
- Native level English speaker preferred
- Degree required
- Preferred qualifications: Cambridge CELTA
- Proficient user of English
- EU National
- clean driving licence and willingness to drive
- first-class references on request
- proof of criminal record check
- proficient typist and IT user (MS Word, MS Excel...)
- confident in public, good communication skills
- reliable, punctual, able to meet deadlines
- willing to adapt to our clients culture.
Preferable (not essential)
- basic command of Spanish
- own transport
Salary and Benefits
More Company Information
Mondragon Lingua is one of Spain's biggest language schools employing over 100 people in 5 centres and offering language courses as well as translation and interpreting services. Our range of language courses includes courses for children and teenagers, adults and business people. We do a lot of teaching in-company, organizing groups and specific courses to meet our customers' language training requirements. We belong to the Mondragon Cooperative Corporation (MCC) and our headquarters are located in Mondragon (Basque Country, Spain). In 2005 we became the first language school in Europe to receive the Golden Q Quality award.
Click here to visit the
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Our accredited online courses are designed and managed by highly experienced TEFL teachers so you can be confident in all that you learn.Click to find out more.
Train To Teach
Become TEFL qualified in sunny Malaga in southern Spain or wonderful Rome. Get your passport to live and work in Spain, Italy or anywhere around the globe. EARLY BIRD FEE!Click to find out more.