senior teacher and teachers
- United Kingdom, Woking
- Harven School of English
- Experience: NO PREFERENCE
- Positions: 2
- Degree Required
Details of Position
We are looking to fill a Lead-Teacher position where the ideal candidate would be DELTA qualified with experience of teaching, administration and management. As Lead-Teacher you would be responsible for the following:
1. Lead and manage a highly effective teaching team. This includes recruitment, providing induction and initial training, providing on-going training and conducting appraisals. You will also be required to assign work to teachers and plan the work schedule effectively, arranging substitute teachers when necessary.
2: Monitor, develop and manage the performance of teachers, providing guidance, support and motivation to teachers in relation to the educational aspects of the school.
3. Monitor, develop and manage the performance of students. You will be available to offer advice to students on their learning, examination options and options for further study.
4. Deal with the day to day needs of clients and assisting, when required, with enquiries from prospective clients.
5. Provide support to the Principal, cover during absence and perform other related duties as required, for example, cover teaching.
We are also looking to fill a more junior, entry level position where the ideal candidate would hold either a CELTA or TESOL qualification and be enthusiastic, flexible and open to learning. As a teacher at Harven, you would be required to deliver lessons in accordance with the Harven School of English style which stimulates the students and enhances their confidence in learning the language. In addition to their contract teaching hours, teachers are responsible for the following:
1. To prepare and teach lessons to small groups or on a one-to-one tutorial basis when requested and if available.
2. To set regular homework and ensures that feedback is provided to students.
3. To monitor the performance of students at all times.
4. To attend staff training and development sessions.
5. To use recommended resource materials or substitute own resources in consultation with the Academic Manager.
6. To encourage full and enthusiastic involvement by students in the scheduled Programme.
7. To completes academic records as required by the Academic Manager.
8. To attend regular staff meetings for briefing and discussion of academic matters.
Harven is an Intensive School of English where we offer a friendly and welcoming service to students from all around the world. We provide a confidence building environment, where students make fast progress learning in small groups or one to one, taught by inspirational teachers. Our focused approach ensures that every student can apply their newly acquired skills as a foundation for ongoing development.
Teachers are encouraged to be creative and are given the freedom to use their own ideas in the classroom whilst being given guidance and support as required from a friendly team of colleagues.
- Opportunities for first time and experienced teachers
- Native level competency in English
Salary and Benefits
Harven School of English
More Company Information
Harven is an Intensive School of English where we offer a friendly and welcoming service to students from all around the world. We provide a confidence building environment, where students make fast progress learning in small groups taught by inspirational teachers. Our focused approach ensures that every student can apply their newly acquired skills as a foundation for ongoing development. Our exciting social programme enables students to practise their English with new friends, their host families and experience the best of life in Woking. Harven School of English was founded in 1976 and is located in beautiful Surrey and only 25 minutes from London.
Click here to visit the
Harven School of English website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Our accredited online courses are designed and managed by highly experienced TEFL teachers so you can be confident in all that you learn.Click to find out more.