Director of Studies
- Deadline: Wed 28 Feb 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- East Timor, Dili
- Lorosa'e English Language Institute (LELI)
- Experience: 6 YEARS +
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Details of Position
LELI is a highly respected organisation, providing high-quality language training to a diverse range of clients including staff from government ministries, national institutions, foreign embassies and international non-governmental organisations. In addition to English, we also provide Portuguese (the official language,) and Tetun (the national language) language classes to a range of high-profile, prestigious clients.
This is a unique opportunity for someone dynamic and enthusiastic to provide professional academic leadership.
Successful candidates will be required to:
* Work with the management team to ensure LELIs excellent reputation is maintained and further enhanced through the professional supervision of high quality course delivery
* Identify business development opportunities for new services and courses
* Oversee the development and introduction of EFL for young learner courses
* Evaluate, monitor and make recommendations for existing courses based on student and teacher feedback
* Support the Client Manager in advising potential customers on EFL curriculum options, and represent and promote the school favourably with a variety of stakeholders on academic matters
* Assist the Senior Teacher and management team in supporting and mentoring a team of approximately 15 teachers
* Ensure teachers maintain accurate records and complete all necessary administration such as teaching notes, registers, test results and end of course reports
* Work closely with Tetun and Portuguese Academic Managers and provide support where necessary.
* Ensure student and client satisfaction, dealing with complaints related to academic matters in an appropriate and timely manner
* Participate in the production of an annual school timetable for public courses that will include the delivery of new courses
* Deliver demonstration classes to the highest standards
* Teach a maximum 8 hours per week, depending on client demand and if and when required, provide teaching cover
* Maintain a friendly and supportive work and learning environment, and build excellent working relationships with staff across all departments
* Participate in the recruitment and training of new staff
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate successful management experience. The following experience, skills and knowledge are desirable:
* Experience of working in a developing country
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Proven organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
* Ability to effectively manage, lead and motivate others
* Ability to work to own initiative and under pressure
* Demonstrate professionalism, accuracy and attention to detail
* Project management experience
* Marketing and sales experience
* Knowledge of customer service management principles
* Experience of young learner programmes
* DELTA and/or post-graduate management qualification desirable
* University degree (government pre-requisite)
* Minimum of 5 years teaching experience, and 2 years managerial experience
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must be native English speakers and hold a passport from the United Kingdom, United States, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or New Zealand (visa requirement)
Salary and Benefits
* US $4,000 (net) per month, but negotiable depending on experience
* 30 days paid leave
* Contribution towards health insurance
* Contract completion bonus
* US $250 re-settling allowance
* All costs associated with acquiring a working visa
* Accommodation (local guesthouse) is paid for the first week
Lorosa'e English Language Institute (LELI)
More Company Information
LELI was established in 2002, and having developed an excellent reputation, is now recognised as the premium English language training organisation in Timor-Leste. Our clients include a variety of government ministries and respected national institutions, prestigious international organisations, local businesses, and private individuals.
Click here to visit the
Lorosa'e English Language Institute (LELI) website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Our accredited online courses are designed and managed by highly experienced TEFL teachers so you can be confident in all that you learn.Click to find out more.
Train To Teach
Build up your classroom confidence: assessed teaching practice, individual help, support and professional feedback by experienced Cambridge CELTA tutors. Very high pass rate. Register now and get EARLY BIRD discount. Special package with accommodation included.Click to find out more.