Young Learners Teacher OR Trainee Head of Primary and Infants
- Spain, Ecija, Andalucia
- Tower Academia de Inglés
- Experience: NO PREFERENCE
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Start date February 26th 2018, negotiable.
Details of Position
Initial training in class with the current teacher. This position has become available due to extended maternity leave and is open to:
1. A Young Learners Teacher.
Contract Feb-June 2018, renewable for academic year 2018-2019.
Summer work available.
2. A Trainee Head of Primary and Infants.
Training in Montessori methodology, Jolly Phonics and management.
Until June, students 6 to 15 years old, grouped according to age and level. Class size 10 students. Own spacious, bright, airy classroom. Digital resources.
The position of Trainee Head of Primary and Infants includes shadowing the Director of Studies in the development of our Baby English programme. In short daily sessions at a local public nursery school we teach through traditional rhymes, songs, puppets, and music and movement. This is an important area of growth in the Spanish EFL sector and will figure predominantly in the trainee's professional development plan.
The 30hr/week legal Spanish contract includes 18 contact hours between Monday to Thursday 16:00-21:00, and Fridays 16:00-19:30. Other duties are administration, class preparation, meetings, writing reports, marking exams and homework, attendance and participation in training sessions and added value social activities.
These latter sessions are the delicious Friday Coffee, Cake and Conversation, sociable Exchange Club or the popular PET and FCE Xtreme Hub - see Facebook pages "Tower Ecija", and "The English Hub Ecija" for more details.
- Degree Required
- Native level English speaker preferred
1. Undergraduate degree in any subject (those related to languages/ education are ideal)
2. Additional specialisation in EFL. A basic CELTA/TESOL or equivalent to a MINIMUM OF
120 CONTACT HOURS and a practical element whereby the teacher is observed and given
3. Experience working with young children and teenagers
4. EU member or holder of valid work permit for the contract period.
5. Current Disclosure and Barring Service certificate
6. English as first language or native level speaker.
Any of the following are considered assets:
1. Love teaching children
2. A happy, healthy disposition with a willingness to help others.
3. Eager to develop and grow as a teacher, keen to train in a specialised area.
4. In class, confident and caring with good classroom management skills.
5. Responsible and communicative
7. A good team member
8. Take pride in appearance
9. Enjoy Spanish culture.
10. Some knowledge of Spanish language.
Salary and Benefits
Approx. 1,200 net. Increments depending on experience and qualifications. Cost of living
is cheap, see below.
2. High-quality subsidised further training with view to enhanced career and salary
3. Statutory holiday pay and two weeks at Christmas, one week at Easter, local and national
4. Free Spanish classes
5. Entitlement to Spanish National Health system, medical cover and benefits.
6. End of contract bonus
7. We offer a fully binding legal contract and respect all local laws. We advise applicants
to refer to ACEIA and Spainwise for help in understanding workers' rights in the TEFL
industry in Andalusia: www. aceia. es (in Spanish) and www. spainwise. net (in English).
8. A Welcome Pack with information on travel and accommodation. Help with settling into life
9. The town has something for everyone, from culture to sport, flamenco to football. It's calm, relaxed and friendly. Rent costs between 280-380 Euros. Tapas start around 1.50 Euros and a small beer is 1 Euro. For an overview of our beautiful sunny town visit www.turismoecija.com
Affiliations and Training providers:
Tower Academy is a CAMBRIDGE LEARNING PARTNER, and in affiliation with Loyola University of Cordoba, a PET/FCE Computer Based Examination Venue.
TRINITY examination centre 3437
FECEI, (www.fecei.es) Federation of Language Schools in Spain and the local Andalusian equivalent ACEIA, (www.aceia.es). Both organisations promote professionalism and quality within the language teaching sector.
CALAC, (www.calacschools.es) Central Andalusian Language Academies, a group of five well-established schools who share the unique experience of teaching English in small and medium-sized Andalusian towns.
All the above organisations provide specialist training sessions throughout the academic year. All teachers are invited to attend.
Tower has recently celebrated its 25th anniversary in Ecija. May there be many more happy years providing our service to the community!
Tower Academia de Inglés
More Company Information
Tower Academia de Inglés represents 26 years of teaching English to children (and some adults too). Highly regarded in both the local community and the Andalusian EFL sector, our range is from nursery wiggle and giggle sessions through to official Cambridge and Trinity examinations. We are avid conference and training-day attendees, committed to professional development and activating student motivation. Ecija is a beautiful, friendly, inland town. Immerse yourself in the Spanish life-style!
Click here to visit the
Tower Academia de Inglés website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Our accredited online courses are designed and managed by highly experienced TEFL teachers so you can be confident in all that you learn.Click to find out more.
Train To Teach
Become TEFL qualified in relaxed, sunny Madrid. 120-hour, 4-week course with Spanish classes provided.
Observed teaching practice. With over 30 schools in Spain, guaranteed job-offer for top-graduates. Excellent value for money at only 990€. Change your life for the better!Click to find out more.