University Teaching in Japan!
- Japan: The Greater Tokyo Area, Nagoya, and Osaka.
- Westgate Corporation
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Number of positions: 50
- Degree Required
Details of Position
We are accepting applications for teaching positions: Calling all candidates willing to come to Japan or living here already!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please read the "Application Information for the Spring 2024 Term" on our website for more details and fill out the Online Application Form. We will contact you by email shortly after you have completed the form. You can also find more information about our programs and policies on our website.
***** UNIVERSITY PROGRAM *****
We are seeking highly motivated educators to teach English at universities in Japan. This unique opportunity is for bright teachers eager to enrich their teaching skills while realizing the dream of exploring a foreign country.
- SPRING TERM -- April / May to July (approx. 3 to 4 months)
- FALL TERM -- September to December / January (approx. 3 to 5 months)
Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama, Nagoya, and Osaka
- HOUSING can be arranged at the cost listed below, which covers rent, utilities, and monthly maintenance fees:
a) 81,000 yen per month for a private room in a social residence, or
b) 98,000 yen per month for a studio-type apartment
- FLIGHT REIMBURSEMENT of up to 1600 USD for those coming to Japan for Spring 2024. (Different limits may apply for those offered a Young Learners or Secondary School English Program year-long contract)
- WORKING VISA SPONSORSHIP is available
- RENEWABLE contract
**** ATTENTION ****
We are also looking for candidates with the following background and experience:
- Master's degree or higher
- Total 3 years experience (6 or more terms/semesters) in teaching at university/community college (all subjects)
Westgate aims to shape the future of English education in Japan. We have been providing conversation-based practical English lessons since 1983 and hire over 400 instructors every year. Generations of Japanese students have developed their communicative English skills and cultural awareness on our programs. As well as helping to shape the direction of our students' lives and careers, we have also been a gateway to career development for countless English instructors around the world. Find out more about Westgate.
a) experience teaching EFL/ESL in a classroom environment, along with a teaching certificate (TEFL/TESL/TESOL) and/or teaching credentials or qualifications (elementary/primary/secondary)
b) 1000+ hours of EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching certificates, credentials or qualifications
* No Japanese language ability is required.
Salary and Benefits
- Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification who have 500+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience
- Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors who have 1000+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching qualifications
*Note: Compensation is based on an hourly rate of pay. Exact monthly earnings fluctuate but over the course of a contract period average out to the figures listed above.
TEFL Worldwide Prague: Awarded Top TEFL Certification Program for 2018 & 2019 out of 1,010 courses. Best TEFL Course for Job Guidance Worldwide!
Accredited 4-week TEFL course in Prague with job guidance worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries.Click to find out more.
With 20+ years of ESL expertise, Maximo Nivel's award-winning TEFL course combines hands-on training with theory to successfully teach all over the world.www.maximonivel.com
Become a confident English teacher in just 4 weeks. Limited seats available.Book now!
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack