TEACH IN MALTA
- Malta: St.Julians / Sliema.
- EF Malta
- Experience: NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Number of positions: 50
- Applicant must have permission to work in the EU or hold a valid work permit for employment in the EU.
Details of Position
In this role you will plan, prepare and deliver the EF academic program through structured and interactive lessons and ensure a high level of customer service and student satisfaction. Your key tasks will consist of, but not be limited to:
- Lesson planning and preparation before each class;
- Teaching classes every weekday following the EF methodology;
- Classroom management;
- Facilitating testing during the course, including marking tests and weekly homework;
- Monitoring daily attendance and keeping up-to-date records and paperwork;
- Attending teacher meetings;
- From time to time getting involved in social and cultural activities such as school parties, dinners and excursions;
- Ensuring the EF behaviour code is followed by students at all times;
- You will have the opportunity to teach in both the adult school in St. Julians as well as the summer camp students aged 13 16 year old in the EF Summer Camp program.
- Creating a rapport with all team members across departments.
- Whether you have just obtained your CELTA / TESOL or TEFL or whether you have previous experience, the EF Teaching experience in Malta is second to none.
Start dates: October 2022 onwards start at any time in any month
OR Summer 2023 only, June, July & August.
There is always the possibility of staying on beyond the end of your contract.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more on our website (link below).
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to an enhanced police and character reference checks.
- All EFL teachers in Malta must be in possession of a valid EFL permit. This is issued by the ELT council. The following are the basic requirements for applying for an EFL permit:
1. Successful completion of a 60-hour TEFL Induction & A-Level in English, or TELT
(with a pass in SEPTT*) OR
2. CELTA (with a pass in SEPTT*) OR
3. Cert. TESOL (with a pass in SEPTT*) OR
4. Any other comparable qualification validated by the MQC, Malta Qualifications Council: https://qualifications.ncfhe.gov.mt/ (With a pass in SEPTT*)
5. A clean and updated (no longer than 4 months old) Police conduct from the Malta Police Dept in Floriana
6. The right to live and work in Malta.
* A SEPTT certificate at Band 3 or 4 issued by the Council (link to application form: https://eltcouncil.gov.mt/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/SEPTT-Application-4.22.pdf; link to e-form: https://eforms-service.gov.mt/EForms/en-EN/EForms/SEPTT/SEPTTApplication/Create)
Salary and Benefits
1. Salaries are discussed at interview level.
2. Accommodation for the July & August period will be offered on a first come first served basis
3. Transfer from the Malta airport to your residence is provided
4. EF Community card which provides discounts from various establishments around Malta
5. Teacher Training, onboarding and induction straight away
6. The ability to teach within other EF Schools around the world once you sign a contract with the EF Malta team
7. Academic support from our qualified and experienced team
After a summer of working as a teacher with EF, you will enhance your teaching knowledge and experience by working with a team of diverse teachers and academic management. You will be adaptable and capable of solving various issues without hesitation. Working in an academic environment, you will have seen how students grow in their language, make new friends and create summer memories that last a lifetime. In addition, this would be the perfect job to boost your CV by gaining experience in working in an international and academic company.
Are you bold, confident and charismatic? Do you love teaching students from different cultures? Do you thrive in entrepreneurial, dynamic and busy environments? Then this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
Here at EF we believe in going above and beyond and never settle for the status quo. If you think in the same way and want to be the person who makes a difference to our students, then please don`t hesitate to apply!
TEFL Trinity CertTESOL Courses in Rome and Malaga Beach. 100% Online, Blended and Face-to-face Courses.
Including life long career service.www.tefl-abroad.org/
Promote your training courses at TEFL.com for less than £10.00/€11.00/$13.00 per week!
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
SEE The World
Step this way and join us in Chiang Mai, Thailand for an opportunity to teach English to the World: 4 weeks of onsite training including 6 observed teaching practices at local schools followed by a job guarantee.www.seetefl.com
Cambridge CELTA courses 2023, AVO Centre - Bulgaria
Learn how to teach English confidently and get the most prestigious TEFL Certificate! Small groups, personal approach and individual support. Highly qualified, experienced and supportive team of tutors. Very high pass rate!www.teflcertificates-avo.com
TEFL Worldwide Prague: Awarded Top TEFL Certification Program for 2018 & 2019 out of 1,010 courses and Best TEFL Course for Job Guidance Worldwide!
Accredited 4-week TEFL course in Prague with job guidance worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries.Click to find out more.