EFL Teacher for Summer 2019
- Deadline: Mon 30 Apr 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- United Kingdom, Ireland: We are currently recruiting EFL Teachers for our junior summer courses for our centres in: Bath, Brighton, Canterbury, Chelmsford, Chester, Edinburgh, Effingham, Loughborough, London (various locations), Stirling, Windsor and Dublin. .
- PLUS - Professional Linguistic & Upper Studies
- Experience: NO PREFERENCE
- Positions: 50
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
We are looking for energetic and creative EFL teachers to join our team this summer at various campuses on a TEACHING ONLY temporary contract. This is a great opportunity to work as part of an experienced team in a supportive and well-organised British Council accredited school focusing on what you do best- teaching!
Details of Position
- To plan and deliver dynamic, fun lessons appropriate to the needs of students and PLUS curriculum/course aims.
- Deliver an outstanding classroom experience to all students.
- Ensure students are provided with excellent learning outcomes through the delivery of engaging and fun lessons.
- Guide and motivate students to help them achieve excellent learning outcomes.
- Assist with student diagnostic testing.
- To behave in a courteous and professional manner with colleagues, clients and students at all times and to respect PLUS Staff Codes of Conduct.
- To adhere to company dress and behaviour codes.
- Deliver PLUS courses in accordance with centre requirements (timetable, breaks, session lengths, content, materials used).
- Build an effective rapport with students and other teaching staff.
- Meet the required student feedback KPIs.
- Respond to class queries and provide support to students, ensuring availability and access at appropriate times.
- Ensure that students have access to the correct study materials, liaising with the Course Director/Assistant Course Director where necessary.
- Take ownership of all aspects of course delivery ensuring that client expectations are met.
- Be proactive in monitoring student performance and informing the Course Director of any concerns.
- Attend weekly CPD sessions.
Social Programme Duties
- The majority of teaching positions with PLUS do not require any involvement with extra-curricular activities during the Monday-Friday week, with teachers left to focus on their lessons.
- All residential teachers accompany their students on one full-day excursion at the weekend.
- At our Effingham and Windsor centres, we offer a different package which requires teachers to contribute to some extra-curricular activities (either supervise or lead social activities such as quizzes, sports, discos, talent shows, clubs)
Child Safeguarding, Protection and Welfare
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of all students at all times and to monitor their well-being, actively seeking to resolve any issues or areas of concern.
- To be fully conversant with and to adhere to Health & Safety and Child Safeguarding guidelines as per Government legislation, the British Council Handbook and PLUS policies and procedures.
Why work for PLUS?
We are one of the largest summer school providers in the UK with over 40 years experience running junior programmes in the UK and Ireland. We are accredited by the British Council and are proud of our 98% student satisfaction rate, with 85% of all teaching staff in 2018 stating they enjoyed their summer and were likely to return next in 2019.
We provide a supportive, organised environment with a large variety of practical resources, guidelines and materials to support you.
Classes in our Junior centres (12-17 years) consist of no more than 15 students with a minimum of 15-18 hours classroom teaching per week and 30-35 hours in some of our centres.
For our General English course, we provide our own student books accompanied by Teachers Notes and fun supplementary materials, taking out the stress of lesson planning on a daily basis.
There are daily course related meetings with the Course Director. All teachers have at least one formal observation and feedback is given. CPD workshops are provided by senior staff and all teachers are expected to attend one session every week and there are opportunities for peer observation and team teaching.
Compulsory Induction training takes place immediately prior to the start of the course and is paid in addition to your hourly rate.
Successful applicants - please note:
We require two references from the last 12 months which will be followed up.
Any gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
Proof of identity and qualifications will be required
Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Please visit our website (link below) to apply or for further information.
*Please note we can only consider applications from those who are already eligible to work in the UK.
Minimum qualification of Trinity TESOL Cert or Cambridge CELTA or equivalent* (B.Ed, PGCE in Primary, Secondary English/MFL).
*Courses must be externally validated, contain at least six hours teaching practice and a minimum of 100 hours of ELT/TESOL input. Applicants who have completed 100% online courses will not be considered.
Experience and Skills
Previous teaching experience is required although we do welcome applications from newly qualified teachers
Native speaker level of proficiency in English
Focused on quality and student outcomes
Team player with the ability to work collaboratively
Demonstrates a high level of initiative, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
Excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills can work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Has a proactive approach to delivering exceptional customer service at all times very solution driven and quick to solve problems
Punctual, reliable and flexible
Adaptability, flexibility and excellent team working skills
Willingness to learn and develop new skills
Salary and Benefits
Newly Qualified EFL Teacher (residential): £330 per week
EFL Teacher (residential): £340-£360 per week
PLUS - Professional Linguistic & Upper Studies
More Company Information
Click here to visit the
PLUS - Professional Linguistic & Upper Studies website
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
3 month internationally recognized and accredited course with the Global English Teaching (GET) Academy. Includes 300 hours of Teaching Practice in real Austrian classrooms. Apply NOW!Click to find out more.
Looking for an opportunity to expand your career choices at home or abroad, fund your travels or attain an internationally-recognised TESOL qualification? If yes, then one of our flagship TESOL courses could be for you! BA (Hons) TESOL & Linguistics MA Education with TESOL.Click to find out more.
Take a Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL course with Cactus and get a guaranteed interview. Choose from teaching positions in the UK, Spain and China, among others!Click to find out more.
TEFL Worldwide offers the Internationally Recognized and Accredited 4-week TEFL Course in Prague! Lifetime job assistance provided worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries! Highly rated by language schools and graduates.Click to find out more.
We have over 20 years’ experience delivering full-time and part-time CELTA courses and have a 98% pass rate.Click to find out more.
Learn how to teach English confidently and get the most prestigious TEFL Certificate! Highly experienced and supportive team of tutors. Very high pass rate. Special price package with accommodation and airport pick up included.Click to find out more.