Director of Studies - Full Time
- Deadline: Fri 30 Nov 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- United Kingdom: M2 3AN.
- Manchester Central School of English
- Experience: 3 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Details of Position
- Participate in the safe recruitment process of staff and give inductions, liaising with
Executive Director and HR Officer.
- To train, supervise and give staff appraisals every 12 months.
- To coordinate teachers/courses. Timetabling of teachers and teachers time sheets.
- To authorise staff holidays and find teachers for cover.
- Ensure the highest standards of teaching are delivered- to monitor teaching standards and
ensure that any issues are identified and remedied by in house provision (through observing
- To ensure that any new member of staff is fully conversant with CEFR levels.
- Creating handbook; ensuring that policies and procedures are developed, reviewed and adhered to
and evidence that they are reflected in the practice within the school.
- Ensure compliance with safeguarding legislation and policies.
- Ensure excellent student experience of education and care.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people.
- Support teachers when needed (regarding difficult students, planning, material etc.)
Disciplining students when needed.
- Conduct regular teachers meetings.
- Place new students in the right level (speaking test).
- Monitoring students tutorials, Learning Profiles and ILPs every 5 weeks.
- Monitoring students progression, monitoring level tests.
- Ensure that all students attendance and awareness is in accordance with Home Office / Border
Agency requirements and regulations.
- Ensure that all students and staff are aware of the emergency, evacuation and health
and safety procedures.
- Ensure that the standardized curriculum is adhered to, identify areas of improvement and
designing creative new programmes.
- Ensure that resources are efficiently and effectively used to achieve schools aims and
- To devise, co-ordinate and deliver the schools CPD programme according to needs and in
collaboration with the teachers.
- To liaise with the Social Programme Officer to ensure that the social and academic programmes
- Ensure that student and teacher feedback is evaluated on a regular basis.
- Ensure adherence to schools accrediting bodies (British Council, ISI, etc.) and to ensure
readiness for all inspections- the successful applicant will have knowledge of British Council
and ISI Inspection criteria.
- Monitor the Junior Summer School and keep curriculum up to date.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Degree Required
- Preferred qualifications:
- Cambridge DELTA, Trinity DipTESOL, MA TEFL, MA TESOL.
- Teaching experience:
- 3 years
- Native level English speaker preferred
- Current location:
- DELTA / Trinity Diploma or equivalent such as MA TEFL/EFL including observed teaching or
- A bachelors degree as minimum
- DELTM or equivalent
- Teacher training experience
Salary and Benefits
Manchester Central School of English
Click here to visit the
Manchester Central School of English website
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Build up your classroom confidence: assessed teaching practice, individual help, support and professional feedback by experienced Cambridge CELTA tutors. Very high pass rate. Register now and get EARLY BIRD discount. Special package with accommodation included.Click to find out more.
Accredited Course, Live Teaching Practice, Full Board & Accommodation in Beautiful Hotels included. Over 800 Graduates a Year. 200 Scholarships still Available! Apply and Save NowClick to find out more.
The only Trinity CertTESOL in Thailand. Certified and recognised worldwide. Beautiful location. Small groups.Teaching practice in real schools. Meals and accommodation included. Job Placement available on course completion.Click to find out more.
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel! Choose ITTO TEFL - TESOL Programs!Click to find out more.
Modern, internationally accredited course with dedicated trainers and staff supporting you from start to finish. Job guarantee, housing and visa support, extensive resources, prime location, small class size.Click to find out more.
Take a Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL course with Cactus and get a guaranteed interview. Choose from teaching positions in the UK, Spain and China, among others!Click to find out more.