EFL Teacher International Summer School
- United Kingdom: Sedbergh / Casterton.
- Sedbergh School
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Number of positions: 23
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
- Applicant must have right to work in United Kingdom.
Details of Position
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Assistant Director of Studies (ADoS) and Director of Studies (DoS) with placement testing
of students as required;
- As directed by the DoS and ADoS, plan, prepare and deliver structured, enjoyable English lessons in
line with the Sedbergh Summer School curriculum;
- Maintain accurate records of work such as lesson plans, class registers and reports;
- Provide weekly reports to strict deadlines;
- Ensure students actively participate in lessons;
- Provide a positive, engaging and controlled classroom learning environment within which pupils can confidently develop their language skills;
- Attend the end of week celebration assembly, presenting certificates to departing pupils;
Pre-course Duties will include:
- Familiarising oneself with the Staff Handbook and SISS publicity materials (brochure, website etc);
- Liaising with the DoS and ADoS as required to familiarise yourself with teaching subjects and materials, and to establish team rapport;
- Reading Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) and other policy documents provided;
- Attending the course induction and helping prepare and set up the campuses as directed;
- All staff employed by Sedbergh School are expected to take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom they are responsible or with
whom they come into contact;
Other Duties will include:
- Assisting with British Council inspection and providing support to the ADoS/ DoS;
- Leading weekly city excursions according to the excursion schedule, supporting a designated group of pupils and ensuring all relevant procedures and protocols are followed to ensure our pupils safety, enjoyment and well-being;
- Providing photographic and/or video evidence of classroom activities, following strict school protocols, to be included in social media campaigns;
- Supporting House Parents and Assistant House parents within the boarding houses, assisting with wake up and lights out duties and meal and break time supervision on a rota basis;
- Escorting students to and from their boarding houses on a rota basis;
- Providing effective pastoral support to students as required, monitoring and managing conduct and behaviour to ensure a harmonious international community;
- Engaging with the students outside of class in a friendly yet professional manner;
- Assisting at any time, whether on duty or not, with an emergency situation or where a student is injured;
Health and Safety:
- All staff should be aware of the schools health and safety policy and implement it as appropriate.
- All staff are required to familiarise themselves with the relevant Risk Assessments ensuring that H&S policies are adhered to at all times to ensure our pupils safety and wellbeing.
-All staff employed by Sedbergh School are expected to take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom they are responsible or with whom they come into contact.
Degree or equivalent (Level 6 on the Ofqual register of regulated qualifications) with QTS in English, MFL or primary level.
Salary and Benefits
Book your Cambridge CELTA Course at IELS Malta and start your career in English language teaching anywhere in the world!
A 4-week intensive course for applicants with little or no experience from 04 March. FREE accommodation for the first students!www.ielsmalta.com
With 20+ years of ESL expertise, Maximo Nivel's award-winning TEFL course combines hands-on training with theory to successfully teach all over the world.www.maximonivel.com
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
Learn how to teach English confidently and get the most prestigious TEFL Certificate! Small groups, personal approach and individual support. Highly qualified, experienced and supportive team of tutors. Very high pass rate!www.teflcertificates-avo.com
TEFL CertTESOL Courses in Rome (Italy) and Malaga (Spain), accredited by Trinity College London. 100% Online, Blended and Face-to-face Courses.
Sign up now and start your teaching career next month!www.tefl-abroad.org