- United Kingdom: RH10 4SD.
- British Summer School
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Number of positions: 50
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
- Applicant must have right to work in United Kingdom.
Details of Position
Why Work for BRITISH SUMMER SCHOOL?
- British Summer School is accredited by the British Council and adheres to all the regulatory criteria of the accreditation scheme
- We create a working positive, challenging and rewarding family-feel working environment that encourages staff to come back year on year
- Our courses are run at independent boarding schools which are set in beautiful surroundings and all have great facilities
- Students come from many different countries from all over the world, creating a real international and multi-cultural environment for staff to work in
- All staff are offered residential accommodation and meals free of charge
- To prepare and deliver high-quality lessons to the expected standard, i.e., lessons that motivate the class and have variety, pace, and challenge all the students in line with the BSS ethos.
- To prepare and teach up to 4 hours of lessons each weekday (20 contact hours per week). The working day includes up to 2.5 hours of preparation and admin time.
- To complete administrative duties such as maintaining accurate lesson plans, class profiles, registers, and weekly logs of work completed
- To liaise with other teachers and the Director of Studies on weekly planning.
- To ensure that student notebooks are up-to-date, work is marked, mistakes have been corrected and students self-reviews have been completed.
- To ensure that classroom displays are clear, vibrant, illustrative, and representative of the students work.
- To take responsibility for the safety, welfare, and behaviour of all students, being especially vigilant if taking students off-site or outside of the classroom
- To carry out break time, and mealtime supervision along with assisting the House Parents with wake-up duties
- To assist with airport duties one day each weekend, where possible early return for extra prep time
- To attend one 30-minute CPD session per week
- To write weekly Progress Reports for all students (even if not leaving or if students change programme after just a few days)
- To assist the DoS with Placement Testing and administering exams if required
- Assist with the setup of the centre during the opening weekend, so that when the first students arrive, the school is ready, tidy, and fully branded.
If you are enthusiastic, dedicated, conscientious, motivated, want a challenge and love working with children and young adults we look forward to hearing from you!
ALL STAFF ARE SUBJECT TO A DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE (DBS) CHECK AMONG OTHER SAFER RECRUITMENT CHECKS. Referees will be asked specifically if there is any reason why you should not be engaged in situations where you have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Any offer of employment may be withdrawn if references are not received, are inadequate or it becomes evident that you have knowingly withheld or have given misleading or false information.
Teaching experience: 1 years
- University degree or equivalent (for Subject teachers: University degree in one of the STEM subject such as Sociology, Philosophy or Psychology, Maths, Business or the Humanities)
- CELTA, Trinity TESOL or Accreditation UK recognised equivalent or PGCE (in English or MFL)
- DELTA, CELTAYL, QTS (primary or secondary) are particularly welcomed
- Minimum of 1 year teaching experience
- Must be eligible to work in the UK (EU citizens need settled/pre settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme or be in possession of a "Frontier Worker Permit" or another work visa. BSS cannot support any visa applications.
Salary and Benefits
Total Weekly pay £700 (Including Holiday Pay)
- The chance to work in a fast paced and energetic multi-national environment
- An induction programme designed to prepare you for camp life
- Free full board accommodation (worth £69.93 per week)
- Use of the centres sports facilities in your free time
- Opportunities for promotion in future summers
- See our staff benefits policy for the complete list of exclusive benefits offered by British Summer School
Become a confident English teacher in just 4 weeks. Limited seats available.Book now!
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
TEFL Worldwide Prague: Awarded Top TEFL Certification Program for 2018 & 2019 out of 1,010 courses. Best TEFL Course for Job Guidance Worldwide!
Accredited 4-week TEFL course in Prague with job guidance worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries.Click to find out more.
With 20+ years of ESL expertise, Maximo Nivel's award-winning TEFL course combines hands-on training with theory to successfully teach all over the world.www.maximonivel.com