Assistant Director of Studies
- United Kingdom: United Kingdom.
- Move Language Ahead
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Number of positions: 10
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
MLA is currently recruiting professional EFL teachers for residential Easter and Summer posts in the UK and Ireland. Highly competitive salary. Experienced and newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with young learners/teens and see how they develop their communication skills and enjoy a lifechanging learning experience. If you are looking for summer work with young learners/teens (11-17), we would love to hear from you!
Contracts available for Easter: April 1st to 24th.
Contracts available for Summer: from late June to mid-August for 2-4 weeks with the possibility of an extension.
At MLA we have been running successful language courses for Italian students in the UK, Ireland and USA since 1976. Students, families, and agents from around the world have chosen MLA for the quality of our language courses, for the established trust in our brand, and for the meticulous attention to detail in our packages.
As an ADoS you will be responsible for the high-quality and smooth running of the academic programme to ensure the overall success of the course. You will lead and manage a diverse team of teachers, provide training and professional development opportunities.
ADoS are residential positions. Staff work a 6-day week with one 24-hour period off per week.
You will not be required to do any pastoral care outside your general ADoS duties.
However, you are encouraged to communicate with your centre manager and group leaders to contribute to the overall success of the programme.
Summer programmes are hard work, and you might be requested to assist outside your working hours.
Please see our website for the full job description, online application form and details of the application process. We run a rolling recruitment programme so please apply asap.
MLA is committed to ensuring the safeguarding of children and young people and we expect our staff to share this commitment. To this end, all references will be followed up, gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and appropriate criminal checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
MLA REPUTATION & CODE OF CONDUCT
To actively support MLA in its mission to provide quality learning
To provide courses that will challenge the students (realise their potential) and work together to reach their academic targets and support them
To comply with management requests to follow the guidelines of external organisations such as British Council in a timely and accurate manner
To be dressed in a presentable professional way and always start on time and if this is not possible to inform your manager as early as possible
MLA EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
MLA Move Language Ahead is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, handicap/disability, gender identity or expression, or any other non-job related criteria.
- First degree (any discipline) required
- Cambridge DELTA, Trinity LTCL Diploma TESOL or MA in Linguistics/TESOL (incl. 5 hours supervised teaching practice) OR you are currently doing any of these
- EFL teaching experience with young learners/teens
- Ability to motivate and encourage teachers
- Excellent administrative / ICT skills
- Must have a UK passport/right to work in the UK
- Previous summer school experience/International school experience
- Leading and management experience (experience in management and leading a team)
- Experience in teaching monolingual face-to-face groups
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about teaching and learning
- Committed to delivering a high-quality academic programme
- Organised, with high professional standards
- Open to receiving feedback and developing new skills
- Committed to safeguarding children and to ensuring their safety and welfare is priority
Salary and Benefits
- Free board and lodgings
- Paid training and induction
- Work as part of a strong team and gain experience
- Opportunities for professional development e.g. observations, team teaching.
- Regular CPD sessions on a range of young learner topics e.g. task-based learning, error correction, pronunciation
- Task-Based syllabus
TEFL Worldwide Prague: Awarded Top TEFL Certification Program for 2018 & 2019 out of 1,010 courses and Best TEFL Course for Job Guidance Worldwide!
Accredited 4-week TEFL course in Prague with job guidance worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries.Click to find out more.
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
TEFL Trinity CertTESOL Courses in Rome and Malaga Beach. 100% Online, Blended and Face-to-face Courses.
Including life long career service.www.tefl-abroad.org/
Learn how to teach English confidently and get the most prestigious TEFL Certificate! Small groups, personal approach and individual support. Highly qualified, experienced and supportive team of tutors. Very high pass rate!www.teflcertificates-avo.com