- Ecuador: Cuenca.
- Centro de Estudios Interamericanos (CEDEI)
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Number of positions: 4
- Degree Required
Details of Position
Posted By: Centro de Estudios Interamericanos (CEDEI)
The Centro de Estudios Interamericanos (CEDEI), a non-profit academic institution with over 30 years of experience dedicated to the understanding of languages and cultures of the Americas, is situated in Cuenca, Ecuador. CEDEIs English Program seeks qualified EFL teachers to begin April or September 2024. CEDEI is located in the city of Cuenca; it offers English classes to more than 800 students with a staff of at least 40 teachers. New teachers generally start in January, April, or September of each year.
CEDEIs English Program seeks qualified EFL teachers to start in April or September 2024, for a minimum teaching commitment of nine months. Foundation CEDEI is a non-profit institution of higher learning founded in 1992, dedicated to the study of American languages and cultures. To foster understanding among the people of the Americas, our organization sponsors a variety of academic activities independently and in conjunction with universities in North and South America CEDEI is located in the city of Cuenca; it offers English classes to more than 800 students with a staff of at least 40 teachers.
Cuenca, Ecuador is located high in a valley in Ecuador's southern Andes. Cuenca is a city of more than 500,000 people and is the third largest city in the country. It enjoys spring-like temperatures year round. In 1999, Cuenca was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site and in the last few years has been considered one of the best places to live and retire.
Term Start Dates:
a. Monday, April 8, 2024.
Teachers are expected to arrive maximum by Monday, April 1, 2024, to be part of the planned orientation sessions before the cycle starts, arrange accommodations, and become familiar with their surroundings. There is a general teacher meeting on Sunday morning (April 7) before classes start.
b. Monday, September 9, 2024.
Teachers are expected to arrive maximum by Monday, September 2, 2024, to be part of the planned orientation sessions before the cycle starts, arrange accommodations, and become familiar with their surroundings. There is a general teacher meeting on Sunday morning (September 8) before classes start.
EFL teachers for children, teenagers, and adults (face-to-face / online)
* a Bachelor's Degree, a TEFL/CELTA/TESOL or other teaching-related certificate,
* must be a native English speaker or native-like fluent English (C1/C2).
* Desired qualifications also include experience working with all ages starting at 8 years old to adults, teaching General English, Pronunciation, English skills Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing courses, and TOEFL, IELTS and Cambridge Preparation.
* Approximately 19-24 contact hours per week (generally four to five classes assigned per cycle). Instructors teach at least four classes and are able to request additional classes and/or tutorials, if available.
* CEDEIs English Program has a Monday-Saturday schedule, with most classes taking place in the afternoon between 3 to 8pm and Saturday classes from 8h30 to 12h30 am. All teachers are assigned Saturday classes.
Note that we have a children program and a teenage-adult program; thus, most of our students are between the ages of 8 and 30yrs. The English Program cannot offer prospective teachers only-adult courses.
CEDEIs English Program also offers an environment where teachers are supported in their professional development with several orientation sessions, frequent workshops, file-sharing online, continued professional and personal support, etc.
Interested Candidates send the following:
* Current resume
* Copy of TEFL, TESOL or CELTA certificate
* 2 signed letters of recommendation references should be able to describe your English teaching abilities
* Copy of current passport needs to be valid for at least nine months
* Complete the following steps for the official online application process:
Please go to our website (see link) to fill out the application form.
Upon receipt and review of your résumé, 2 letters of reference, and the online application form, we will schedule an online interview with you.
Volunteer visa $200
Teachers have to pay for the total cost of the visa when they apply for it at the Ecuadorian Consulate or if the application is done once in Ecuador. However, CEDEI reimburses 50% of the total cost when teachers are on staff and have completed their teaching commitment.
Salary and Benefits
Foundation CEDEI is a non-profit organization and while teachers don't earn a lot of money by international standards, they do earn enough to live comfortably in Cuenca-Ecuador and gain much in teaching experience and cultural exchange.
* FACE-TO-FACE COURSES: $8.00 an hour for Monday through Friday courses (regular and intensive classes), $8.50 an hour for Saturday courses.
ONLINE COURSES: $7.50 an hour for Monday through Friday courses (regular and intensive classes), $8.00 an hour for Saturday courses.
Other perks include:
*Free Spanish classes
*Computer use with internet access
*Salsa dance instruction
*Help with the visa process, if the teacher applied for the visa sponsored by CEDEI (Cultural Visa)
* Help with the search for accommodations in Cuenca
* Health insurance for teachers under CEDEIs sponsored volunteer visa once in the country
* 50% return on the cost of the volunteer visa sponsored by CEDEI ($250 visa total cost) once the teacher h
TEFL CertTESOL Courses in Rome (Italy) and Malaga (Spain), accredited by Trinity College London. 100% Online, Blended and Face-to-face Courses.
Sign up now and start your teaching career next month!www.tefl-abroad.org
Book your Cambridge CELTA Course at IELS Malta and start your career in English language teaching anywhere in the world!
A 4-week intensive course for applicants with little or no experience from 04 March. FREE accommodation for the first students!www.ielsmalta.com
With 20+ years of ESL expertise, Maximo Nivel's award-winning TEFL course combines hands-on training with theory to successfully teach all over the world.www.maximonivel.com
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
Learn how to teach English confidently and get the most prestigious TEFL Certificate! Small groups, personal approach and individual support. Highly qualified, experienced and supportive team of tutors. Very high pass rate!www.teflcertificates-avo.com