Teacher of English - Part Time
- Deadline: Wed 06 Dec 2023 00:00:00 UTC
- France: Paris.
- British Council
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Number of positions: 20
- Degree Required
Details of Position
- To deliver quality teaching and ensure the effective learning of English
- To support the wider aims of British Council and its cultural relations mission
- To plan, prepare and deliver effective English language teaching that meets the needs of different learner groups
- To monitor progress and provide regular feedback to help manage learners performance throughout the course, and to actively promote learner autonomy
- To contribute to the development, evaluation, and improvement of English language courses, materials and related services, in order to best meet learners needs
- To complete teaching-related administrative tasks to specified standards
- To actively engage in professional development and performance management systems and procedures to assure high standards in teaching and learning
- To contribute positively to the British Councils reputation and position as a benchmark standard in best practice in the sector
- To support marketing and promotional activities and to assist the teaching team in delivering excellent customer service
- To ensure safeguarding standards are rigorously applied and upheld in line with applicable policy in the following areas:
o Child protection
o Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)
o Health and safety Health and safety
- Interview Date: There will be an in-person (Face-to-face) interview between 22nd Nov - 24th Nov in the British Council Paris teaching center.
- Tentative Start Date: 5th February 2024 (Depending on business requirement and PAS/Background Check completion)
- Teaching hours/week: 6 hours per week (for 30 weeks of the Academic Year)
- Duration: Permanent on completion of the probationary period.
- Working day: Saturday ONLY (opportunity for more hours)
- Right to Work/Passport Requirement: Applicants must be eligible to work in France. The British Council will not be able to assist non-EU nationals to obtain a work permit for France
- Cambridge CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL
- Specific YL extension course (TYLEC / CELTYL / NILE etc.)
- Either Recognised diploma in EFL e.g. DELTA , AND / OR
- PGCE/B.Ed in Primary/Secondary or relevant subject
- 2 years post-certificate i.e. CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL experience
- Experience in teaching relevant age groups specific to the centre
o Early Years aged 2 to 5 (400+)
o Primary aged 6 to 10 (400+ hours)
o Lower Secondary aged 11 to 14 (800+ hours)
o Upper Secondary aged 15 to 17 (800+ hours)
o Adults General English 18+ (800+ hours)
o Cambridge suite and IELTS exam preparation courses
- Teaching Experience:
- Young Learners:
o Early years (age 2 - 5) (800+ hours)
o Primary (age 6 10) (800 hours)
o Secondary (age 11 17) (1900+ hours)
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: 543 - 965 Euro per month for 12 months (Depending on hours offered, qualification and work experience)
- Guaranteed hours with competitive rates of pay including paid preparation time (31 hours paid training time)
- Continuing professional development with an extensive INSETT programme and additional support for new starters with less experience. Internal and External courses available to develop your career.
- External training is funded by the Teaching Center for suitable trainees.
- Meals and transport are subsidised on working days.
- 35 days paid leave and allowance for privilege days
- The opportunity to be part of a global organisation with teaching centres in nearly 50 countries worldwide and events and programmes in many more.
Become a confident English teacher in just 4 weeks. Limited seats available.Book now!
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
TEFL Worldwide Prague: Awarded Top TEFL Certification Program for 2018 & 2019 out of 1,010 courses. Best TEFL Course for Job Guidance Worldwide!
Accredited 4-week TEFL course in Prague with job guidance worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries.Click to find out more.
With 20+ years of ESL expertise, Maximo Nivel's award-winning TEFL course combines hands-on training with theory to successfully teach all over the world.www.maximonivel.com