Director of Studies (Summer Camp)
- United Kingdom: Essex.
- English Path Language School
- Experience: 6 YEARS +
- Number of positions: 4
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
- Applicant must have right to work in United Kingdom.
Details of Position
The English Path Young Learner programme is a fun-packed academic and social programme for young students from all around the world.
To provide high-quality, motivating English courses that stimulate and challenge students so they can learn, grow, and excel.
To change lives through education that makes a fundamental difference to living standards and access to learning.
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will have a natural talent for creating a positive and enthusiastic team to deliver a high-quality academic programme to ensure YL satisfaction. You must show the best of your admin, teacher support skills and the flexibility to timetable and work in multilingual and vibrant environment. You will also be expected to provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders, including Group Leaders, coach Drivers and kitchen staff. As part of a great team, you will be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you will be inspiring great things for our students and the whole business, you will do work worth caring about.
1. Oversee academic programme and curriculum of the centre.
2. Support and promote the academic values of English Path to our group leaders and students.
3. Lead and monitor academic team performance and provide constructive criticism and/or
development plans where necessary.
4. Manage the timetabling of lessons and allocation of classrooms and teachers.
5. Lead teacher observations and training sessions at the centre level.
6. Promote safeguarding within their venue and working with others to ensure a safe and inclusive
environment is achieved.
7. Help provide emotional and pastoral care for all students and promote their mental and physical
wellbeing at all times.
8. Ensure customer satisfaction with the activity and excursion programme.
9. Maximise student and Group leader satisfaction by ensuring their experience meets or exceeds
10. Any other reasonable/appropriate duties.
- First degree or equivalent, i.e. level H FHEQ (Level 6 Qualifications and Credit Framework)
- TEFLQ (DELTA) qualification or equivalent
- Management experience of all year-round school /summer school.
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience including time with teenagers.
- Excellent English language knowledge and an in-depth understanding of teaching
methodology in a multi-lingual environment essential.
- Structured and creative approach to lesson planning.
- A desire to continue to develop professionally and help support and develop less experienced
- Experience providing support and feedback.
- Ability to work with classroom technology with ease and creativity.
- Professional conduct in all interactions with staff and students.
- Flexibility and a positive attitude.
- Attention to detail and accurate reporting.
- Ability to maintain thorough and organised student records.
Salary and Benefits
- Opportunities for career growth and development (Paid CPD Sessions).
- International and diverse work environment.
- Opportunity to work with students from different countries.
The summer camp takes place in Essex, and Stratford with residential and non-residential roles available.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume, and cover letter.
Visit English Path Language School website
TEFL Worldwide Prague: Awarded Top TEFL Certification Program for 2018 & 2019 out of 1,010 courses. Best TEFL Course for Job Guidance Worldwide!
Accredited 4-week TEFL course in Prague with job guidance worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries.Click to find out more.
Promote your training courses at TEFL.com for less than £10.00/€11.00/$13.00 per week!
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
SEE The World
Step this way and join us in Chiang Mai, Thailand for an opportunity to teach English to the World: 4 weeks of onsite training including 6 observed teaching practices at local schools followed by a job guarantee.www.seetefl.com
Cambridge CELTA courses 2023, AVO Centre - Bulgaria
Learn how to teach English confidently and get the most prestigious TEFL Certificate! Small groups, personal approach and individual support. Highly qualified, experienced and supportive team of tutors. Very high pass rate!www.teflcertificates-avo.com