Summer School Teachers
- United Kingdom: Monmouthshire.
- Celtic English Academy
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Number of positions: 12
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
- Applicant must have right to work in United Kingdom.
Details of Position
Situated in the border market town of Monmouth in the historic county of Monmouthshire, the Haberdashers Monmouth School will be the home for our 2023 Junior Summer Programme and benefits from a picturesque setting, surrounded by the stunning scenery of the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Nature Beauty. In 2016, Wales was named the Best UK Youth Travel Destination (British Youth Travel Awards).
The aim of the Junior Summer Programme is to provide students aged 11-17 with English language lessons every morning. Full lesson plans and materials are provided and have been specifically designed to fit the needs of our students and teachers. Lessons adopt a communicative approach and integrate general English, British culture, and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Class sizes are a maximum of 15.
In addition, our younger learners will have the opportunity to participate in afternoon activities such as sports and arts & crafts. They will also have one mid-week half day excursion and one full day excursion at the weekend.
The teachers will be responsible for preparing and delivering 15 hours of engaging lessons to younger learners (11-17). In addition, teachers will be required to assist with some of the social activities, to help at some mealtimes and to help welcome new students as they arrive.
The general responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Preparing and delivering approximately 15 hours of engaging English lessons a week
- Improving the communicative competence of the younger learners
- Preparing and marking homework when necessary
- Attending training sessions and meetings
- Completing reports and certificates
- Assisting with some boarding duties
- Assisting with a minimum of 15 hours social activities
- Welcoming new students on arrival day.
A valid Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for this role. All references will be followed up. All successful candidates will be required to complete online level 1 courses in safeguarding and Prevent (paid).
So come and join us for a great summer in Monmouth - we look forward to hearing from you.
How to apply
To receive an information pack, please send a covering letter and CV. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. A valid Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for this role. All references will be followed up.
Early application is encouraged
Successful applicants will be contacted swiftly to arrange an interview immediately
Positions will be offered soon after.
Pre-programme Induction date TBC (paid) - online / face to face options
Start date: Saturday 8th July for between 4 and 6 weeks
- TEFL I Status (Undergraduate Degree and Certificate-ELT/ TESOL qualification e.g. CELTA/ Trinity Cert TESOL)
- Undergraduate Degree OR minimum 2 years of Bachelors degree programme completed
- Initial ELT/ TESOL qualification e.g CELTA or Cert TESOL and/or PGCE and/ or QTS status
- A qualification in teaching younger learners
- First Aid certificate or willingness to work towards one
- Safeguarding Children Level 1 Certificate or willingness to work towards one
- Enhanced DBS certificate
- Previous experience of working with younger people aged between 11 and 17 (This may be in a voluntary or non-teaching capacity)
- C1 Level of English
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- Between 1 and 2 years experience teaching within the UK or abroad
- Previous experience of working in a summer school
Salary and Benefits
Please note we operate a loyalty scheme for returning teachers.
The Haberdashers' Monmouth School in Monmouthshire, UK, will be the home for our 2023 Junior Summer Programme. Teachers will provide students aged 11-17 with English language lessons every morning. Full lesson plans and materials are provided. Max. class size: 15. In addition, this residential role will include playing an active part in the social programme.
Newly qualified teachers welcomed and supported
Visit Celtic English Academy website
Cambridge CELTA courses 2023, AVO Centre - Bulgaria
Learn how to teach English confidently and get the most prestigious TEFL Certificate! Small groups, personal approach and individual support. Highly qualified, experienced and supportive team of tutors. Very high pass rate!www.teflcertificates-avo.com
TEFL Worldwide Prague: Awarded Top TEFL Certification Program for 2018 & 2019 out of 1,010 courses and Best TEFL Course for Job Guidance Worldwide!
Accredited 4-week TEFL course in Prague with job guidance worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries.Click to find out more.
TEFL Trinity CertTESOL Courses in Rome and Malaga Beach. 100% Online, Blended and Face-to-face Courses.
Including life long career service.www.tefl-abroad.org/
Promote your training courses at TEFL.com for less than £10.00/€11.00/$13.00 per week!
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
SEE The World
Step this way and join us in Chiang Mai, Thailand for an opportunity to teach English to the World: 4 weeks of onsite training including 6 observed teaching practices at local schools followed by a job guarantee.www.seetefl.com