Qualified English language teacher
- Deadline: Tue 31 Jan 2023 00:00:00 UTC
- Italy: Verona, Italy.
- The British School of Verona
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Number of positions: 3
- Degree Required
- Applicant must have permission to work in the EU or hold a valid work permit for employment in the EU.
Details of Position
Familiarity with CEFR levels and Cambridge English exams is essential. Experience as a Cambridge speaking examiner would be an advantage, but the school provides training for teachers who have more than three years experience.
The position involves:
- an average of 25 teaching hours per week
- lessons between the hours of 9am 10pm Monday to Friday, and Saturday mornings from 9am-1pm.
- course administration e.g. report writing and completing registers; attending teachers meetings
- teaching on and off site
Teachers at the British School of Verona will benefit from:
- constant support from experienced academic staff (DoS, Senior Teachers)
- in-house training e.g. workshops, seminars and sharing sessions
- a supportive and cooperative atmosphere working with a team of enthusiastic and professional teachers
- help finding accommodation and dealing with Italian bureaucracy
- CELTA or equivalent teaching qualification
- European driving licence and willingness to drive
- minimum 2 years experience
- native level speaker of English
- experience teaching young learners and exam preparation courses
- EU citizenship is required by Italian employment law
- Fully vaccinated
- experience as a Cambridge speaking examiner
- post-CELTA qualifications e.g. Delta, MA, CELTYL
- some knowledge of Italian
- self-motivated and prepared to tackle all tasks
- ability to work under direction and as a team player
- a flexible and willing approach to various duties
- an interest in professional development
Salary and Benefits
The contract involves an hour bank of around 800 hours over the course of the academic year. The average working week is 25 contact hours. Travel time is compensated.
The actual salary will be based on experience and qualifications but ranges from 1,200.00 to 1,350.00 net per month.
The possibility for suitable candidates to be trained as Cambridge speaking examiners.
Contracts from January will be adapted accordingly.
Prestigious, internationally recognised, 4 week, onsite, face-to-face intensive TESOL programme. Enroll on our first course in 2023 and get a special discount.www.tesol-turkey.com
TEFL Trinity CertTESOL Courses in Rome and Malaga Beach. 100% Online, Blended and Face-to-face Courses.
Including life long career service.www.tefl-abroad.org/
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
Get your worldwide recognized, Via Lingua International TEFL certificate in this fascinating city and start teaching English wherever you like.www.tefl-turkey.com