EFL Teachers and Senior Teachers
- United Kingdom: Hailsham.
- Bede's Summer School
- Experience: NOT APPLICABLE
- Number of positions: 50
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
- Applicant must have right to work in United Kingdom.
Details of Position
Our teachers are hard-working, reliable, professional at all times, safety-conscious, approachable, pleasant and friendly and are willing to go the extra mile to ensure the well-being of our students and, ultimately, the success of the programme.
We aim to give students an educational, culturally-enriching and memorable summer experience in a safe and supervised setting and we are looking to employ professional staff who will accept this responsibility, and have the necessary wide-ranging skills, experience and commitment to help us achieve this goal.
Our centres provide an average of 22.5 hours of English tuition, and teachers will have an average of 12 paid planning hours per week. We run courses based on CLIL, general English and ESP. Each centre runs 3 different types of lessons a day, these are based on both coursebooks and own materials.
Duties of our English teachers include lesson planning, residential duties, teaching, airport transfers and academic admin (such as registers and report writing).
We are specifically looking for:
- Young Learners teachers
- CLIL experienced EFL teachers
- Teachers with knowledge of media for our Young Influencers course
- Teachers with an interest/knowledge of sustainability for our English for The Future courses
We are also looking for:
- TEFL-Q Senior Teachers
For a selection of other roles, please visit our website (junior and managerial positions available).
- University Degree in any discipline (Level 6)
- CELTA or Trinity College TESOL (or Accreditation-UK recognised equivalent) or PGCE (in English or MFL)
- Applicants with DELTA, QTS (Primary or Secondary) or CELTYL, are particularly welcomed
At least 1 year's EFL teaching experience with Young Learners is essential.
Applicants with previous experience of working in a residential summer school and teaching mixed nationality groups are preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Salary from £635 per week
Statutory holiday pay paid at the end of the contract
* FREE ACCOMMODATION BASED IN OUR CENTRES We don't deduct from your wages!
* FREE MEALS Thats 3 per day, 7 days a week!
* FREE ENHANCED DBS CERTIFICATE We won't ask for a penny!
* ACCESS TO OUR SPORTING FACILITIES We have gyms, squash courts, and swimming pools!
* PAID INDUCTION & TRAINING To be conducted immediately before starting your contract.
* POSSIBILITY OF OBTAINING A QUALIFICATION - A selection of staff will obtain first-aid or lifeguarding qualifications.
We have 6 locations, based in the Sussex or London area, benefitting from high-quality facilities on site. Contracts are available from the end of June until mid-August.
EFL teachers teach a variety of classes from 17.5 to 25 hours a week and are paid for planning time. At the weekends, they might be required to do airport transfers.
Salaries start at £635 a week.
Variety of other junior and managerial positions available.
Visit Bede's Summer School website
SEE The World
Step this way and join us in Chiang Mai, Thailand for an opportunity to teach English to the World: 4 weeks of onsite training including 6 observed teaching practices at local schools followed by a job guarantee.www.seetefl.com
Cambridge CELTA courses 2023, AVO Centre - Bulgaria
Learn how to teach English confidently and get the most prestigious TEFL Certificate! Small groups, personal approach and individual support. Highly qualified, experienced and supportive team of tutors. Very high pass rate!www.teflcertificates-avo.com
TEFL Worldwide Prague: Awarded Top TEFL Certification Program for 2018 & 2019 out of 1,010 courses. Best TEFL Course for Job Guidance Worldwide!
Accredited 4-week TEFL course in Prague with job guidance worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries.Click to find out more.
Promote your training courses at TEFL.com for less than £10.00/€11.00/$13.00 per week!
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack