Teach English in Daegu, South Korea (available all year round)
- Deadline: Sun 31 Dec 2023 00:00:00 UTC
- South Korea: Daegu Metropolitan City.
- DAEGU TEFL JOB
- Experience: NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Number of positions: 20
- Degree Required
Details of Position
Please understand only native-level English speakers with the nationality of the following countries (Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, UK, and USA) are eligible for an E2 visa for foreign language teaching positions in accordance with the Korean government's immigration policy.
About Daegu city
The City of Daegu is located inland, southeast of the Korean Peninsula.
Its population is around 2.5 million and there are several hundreds native English speaking teachers in Daegu.
It's just 1 hour and 40 min. away from Seoul and 50 min. from Busan by express train (KTX or SRT); You can find more information on the city of Daegu website or FACEBOOK.
How to Apply
Please send me your resume, cover letter and other relevant documents with your available date for employment in S.Korea.
- a (notarised) photocopy of Bachelor's degree certificate with 'Apostille' affixed (an authenticated photocopy of Bachelors degree certificate verified by a Korean consulate in Canada for Canadians)
- an original copy of national (FBI) criminal background check issued within 6 months with 'Apostille' affixed (an authenticated original copy verified by a Korean consulate in Canada for Canadians)
* All documents are not returned, once they are submitted to the immigration office in Korea for visa approval.
- must be a native level English speaker with the nationality of Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, U.K., or U.S.A. (alphabetical order) in accordance with the Korean government's Policy
Salary and Benefits
- one-way flight ticket to Korea or a return flight ticket back home
- rent-free furnished single studio within 10-15 min. walking distance of school (Teachers need to pay for utility bills for gas, water, electricity etc. which is around 50,000 won per month depending on how much they use.)
- severance pay, equivalent of 1 month's salary on completion of 1-year contract
- 10-day vacation scheduled by school and around 15 national holidays a year
- half of the medical insurance premium and national pension (3.5% and 4.5% each from the monthly salary) paid by the employer and the equivalent amount paid by the teacher each month
- fewer than 12 students at each class
- all the curriculum provided
- length of contract: 1 year (extendable)
- Airport pick up service
One way flight ticket, rent-free furnished single studio apartment, medical insurance, national pension, airport pick up service etc. are provided.
Native level English speakers with a Bachelor's degree in any field and no criminal record are eligible for E2 visa to teach English in Korea.
Promote your training courses at TEFL.com for less than £10.00/€11.00/$13.00 per week!
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
SEE The World
Step this way and join us in Chiang Mai, Thailand for an opportunity to teach English to the World: 4 weeks of onsite training including 6 observed teaching practices at local schools followed by a job guarantee.www.seetefl.com
Cambridge CELTA courses 2023, AVO Centre - Bulgaria
Learn how to teach English confidently and get the most prestigious TEFL Certificate! Small groups, personal approach and individual support. Highly qualified, experienced and supportive team of tutors. Very high pass rate!www.teflcertificates-avo.com
TEFL Worldwide Prague: Awarded Top TEFL Certification Program for 2018 & 2019 out of 1,010 courses. Best TEFL Course for Job Guidance Worldwide!
Accredited 4-week TEFL course in Prague with job guidance worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries.Click to find out more.