Dedicated, experienced Native-level teachers needed in HCMC
- Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City
- Language Link Vietnam
- Experience: NOT APPLICABLE
- Positions: 10
- Degree Required
Details of Position
We've recently developed a unique, blended learning English program and will be rolling
it out in Ho Chi Minh City soon.
Key to the success of this program will be the teachers. We are hiring a team of native
level English-speaking teachers who need to be experienced, mature, organized and passionate
Beyond the basics of what makes a good teacher, we need a teaching team that is even
more. The teachers on the team we are assembling must be dedicated to the value of
education and their role in it, and dedicated to working with others to create fun classes
that tie into the overall curricula. The teachers for this great new program must be
confident in their teaching abilities and commanding in front of a large classroom of
young adult learners, yet humble enough to accept feedback from teammates to continue
growing as a teacher, and contributing greatly to our program. In fact, you'll be helping
form the program as your experiences and continual feedback will absolutely drive its
growth as we expand it throughout Vietnam.
In addition to scheduled class time with teachers, students will spend guided and solo
time on our online learning platform. You'll of course be trained on the platform, but the
team needs to become comfortable with the interface and maintain a very regular, active
presence on it so students see it as live and engaging. This is crucial.
In addition to the other Native teachers and Vietnamese teachers on the team, you'll work
closely with our on-site coordinator and our program manager, who will oversee the
program as the team settles in. Teachers can expect to have 20-hour classroom weeks
with to-be- agreed-to additional time required for solid preparation and organization,
student communications, activity building and some out-of- classroom activities.
Leading, engaging classes of 50 students, held on a college campus in Ho Chi Minh with
the support of a Vietnamese English teacher.
- Working with the provided syllabus, adjust and add to the program academics to
progress students through beginner, elementary and pre-intermediate levels in an
engaging and coordinated academic environment.
- Creating and leading classroom activities, plus planning and organizing groups to
encourage out-of- class practice.
- Administering regular quizzes, mid-term and final tests.
- Participating in training workshops, meetings and weekly dinner hash sessions. (Free
- Status reports, grading, student feedback, content development.
If you think you're ready to join our team and help build an exciting new program with
the best language school in Vietnam, send your CV.
Qualifications- AT LEAST two years of classroom experience with established class management skills,
plus additional work experience demonstrating progressive responsibility.
- A genuine commitment to education and understanding of non-western perspectives.
- Humble and confident, strong internal drive and mature social and communication
skills. In other words, an aptitude for being a valuable participant of a team. This is
- Commitment to the full run of the program, from one-year to 18 months, depending on
class schedule. This is non-negotiable.
And of course:
- A relevant and reputable teaching certificate or degree, plus
- A BA/BS degree in any subject.
- A clean Police Clearance Check.
- Must be a native level English speaker.
- Verifiable references.
Salary and Benefits- A higher than average hourly salary (no, really)
- Visa and work permit support
- Setup of a local bank account
- Direct deposit for salary
- Great professional support
- Sick days and holidays off
- Welfare team support, with 24/7 emergency assistance
- Ongoing training
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to teacher's room and resources library, as well as an extensive online
Language Link Vietnam
More Company Information
Language Link Vietnam is an international teaching group with its headquarters in London and more than 120 centres worldwide. Language Link Vietnam was established in 1996 to train students in General English, Business English, the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and the Cambridge examinations. It also offers highly effective language and skills training for the corporate sector
24 Dai Co Viet
Click here to visit the
Language Link Vietnam website
- Contact person:
- Michael Eblin, Teacher Recruitment & Welfare Officer
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Become TEFL qualified in sunny Malaga in southern Spain or wonderful Rome. Get your passport to live and work in Spain, Italy or anywhere around the globe. EARLY BIRD FEE!APPLY NOW!