EFL Teacher Junior School
- Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
- DCU Language Services
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 7
- Degree Required
Details of Position
DCU Language Services is seeking to employ a number of EFL Teachers for its Junior Language School for the spring 2017 period.
• Immediate start for a number of these positions.
• Some positions may extend through to the summer.
The school operates both morning and afternoon timetables and many junior groups have tuition scheduled at weekends (with non-teaching days during the week). Flexibility in respect of scheduling is required from successful candidates.
• Creative & resourceful.
• Upbeat, engaging classroom persona.
• Organized, punctual and responsible.
• Flexible, with a “can-do” attitude to change.
• Proficient management of classroom dynamics.
• Essential: >Primary degree and QQI-ACELS recognized TEFL qualification (including the
Preparatory Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Secondary Level Students). Please see http://www.acels.ie/teacher training for details of recognized qualifications.
• Preferred: > Previous EFL experience with junior groups.
• Desirable: > Certificate of Training such as “Children First, Child Protection”.
• Desirable: > Experience in primary &/or secondary education.
Salary and BenefitsContract Details
• Contract Type: Part-time temporary.
Various contract lengths over the February - August period.
• Pay Rates: Competitive rates. Details available on application.
• Start Dates: Staggered to meet business needs. Some immediate start dates.
• Timetables: Vary according to specific client group. Generally, 15/hrs per week.
Some programmes have weekend tuition schedules with a number of non-
teaching days during the week
• Induction: Successful applicants attend pre-service induction and must obtain Garda
vetting clearance in line with the National Vetting Bureau (Children and
Vulnerable Persons) Act which commenced on 29th April 2016.
• This position is not eligible for relocation expenses.
DCU Language Services
More Company Information
We are the English Language School of Dublin City University and specialise in English courses for non-native speakers of English. Our school offers a wide range of courses including General English, Academic Year Programmes, IELTS, Cambridge, TOEFL and TOEIC exam preparation programmes, Teacher Training programmes (First, Second & Third Level) and University & Junior Group programmes. We also provide specialised programmes including Business English and English for Academic Purposes.
Dublin City University
Click here to visit the
DCU Language Services website
- Contact person:
- EFL Recruitment Officer, Recruitment Officer
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
The International TEFL Institute offers accredited, tutor assisted, all-inclusive Online TEFL Courses – Certificate 120 hrs & Master Diploma 250 hrs. Teach English Abroad and Travel the World. Enroll Today.Click to find out more.