ACADEMIC MANAGER - SCHOOLSLINK PUBLIC SCHOOL PROGRAM - IMMEDIATE START
- Vietnam, Hanoi
- Language Link Vietnam
- Experience: 5 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Job SummaryA fantastic opportunity to join the leading provider of public school ESL teaching in Vietnam. The successful candidate will play a key role in the continued development of our program to provide a core set of English Language skills to enthusiastic students across the city of Hanoi as part of an on-going Government drive to increase the English skills across the country.
Details of Position
Our SchoolsLink program caters to Primary, Secondary and High School students in Hanoi.
We are currently urgently seeking an Academic Manager (AM) to join our team.
** Responsibilities **
The AM reports to the Head of Schools Link Department. The AM provides overall leadership for the Schools Link teaching team and works with the Head of Department to develop programs that meet Schools Link requirements.
** Tasks and Functions **
- Provide teaching team with academic management and support
- Design placement tests/ progress tests/ and final tests for schools (primary, secondary and
- Develop the program in primary, secondary and high schools for both students and teachers so as
it is very prescriptive and effective.
- Provide teaching team with academic management and support
- Develop, managing the development of the programs in primary, secondary and high schools and
project that schools link might involve and diversify to for both students and teachers. This
- selecting appropriate course books and implementing curricula
- developing daily and weekly lesson guides(pacing guides) for teachers to follow;
- developing grammar content to help students with state exams (with support from VNC team);
- developing supplementary materials of high interest to learners;
- developing an ongoing improvement process with regular course review and modification to
better fit changing requirements from schools and Department of Education and Training.
- Work with academic team to develop extra curriculum for students and schools in Schools Link
- Provide leadership in induction, training, mentoring, observing, managing, supporting, and
organising a growing team of Native English teachers and Vietnamese Teacher assistants
Teachers. Develop a reliable system to monitor the quality of the teaching team and the
- Coordinate with teacher recruiters to recruit teachers for the projects.
- Provide on-going teacher development for the team.
- Develop and conduct teacher workshops at schools to help them increase the quality of their
schools’ English teaching team. Facilitate, develop and implement training for teachers of
- Work closely with schedulers of the project and at schools to make sure teachers are used most
effectively in line with their skills and experience.
- Be involved in relationship building between Language Link, schools, government, and other
related parties with coordination and support from Business Development head if required
- Managing the assessment and reporting procedures very clearly and in a timely fashion, with
ongoing and formal tests, and reporting on student progress to schools and parents.
- Be involved in marketing, organizing and supervising activities promoting the Schools Link
- Work closely with Operation team dealing with customers' complain (students, parents, schools);
- Work closely with Operation team dealing with regular and irregular inspection from Ministry of
Education and Training (MOET) and the Department of Education and Training (DOET).
- Suggest an Academic Management Team/structure that meets the changing needs of the SL program
while being cost effective.
- Assist in developing/preparing successor(s) for the AM position.
** Contact Hours **
The AM is contracted to work a 40-hour week on-site, normally over a 5-day week. Presence at the school will be reduced proportionally on weeks containing Annual Leave, Sick Leave or Public holidays. Contact hours are set at a maximum, on average, of 20 hours per month and teacher observations and placement testing are included in the time allocated for core duties.
Qualifications- An advanced degree, preferably in Education.
- A DELTA or equivalent teaching certification.
- At least 5 years experience in academic management.
Salary and Benefits- Monthly Salary: circa 80,000,000VND (Gross) negotiable based on experience
- Local National Holidays Provided
- Annual Leave and National Day of your home country 16 Days
- Christmas Leave (Traditional Day of your home country) 01 Day
- Sick Leave 03 Days
- Medical Insurance (Full Inpatient and Evacuation) Provided
- Vietnamese State Health Insurance Card Provided
- Full assistance with visa and work permit Provided
- Performance related end of contract bonus 42,000,000 VND (gross)
- Severance payment (according to company policies) (½) mth per yr
- Monthly telephone allowance (according to company policies) 400,000 VND (gross)
- Taxi card (according to company policies) Limit 1,000,000vnd per month
- HSBC Bank Account FOC
- Part sponsorship of ongoing professional development, if qualified and selected as a suitable
candidate (up to 21,000,000 VND (gross))
Language Link Vietnam
More Company Information
Language Link Vietnam is an international teaching group with its headquarters in London and more than 120 centres worldwide. Language Link Vietnam was established in 1996 to train students in General English, Business English, the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and the Cambridge examinations. It also offers highly effective language and skills training for the corporate sector
Click here to visit the
Language Link Vietnam website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Take our accredited TEFL TESOL course to earn your internationally recognized certificate, Job Offers Worldwide, and Guaranteed Placement in Mexico, Czech Republic, China or Thailand. Special Offers running Now!www.tefl-programs.com