- United Kingdom, W8 5EA
- Discovery Summer
- Experience: NOT APPLICABLE
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Job SummaryGraduate Administrator to work in Kensington, central London. Full-time, permanent role with a top UK summer school provider. £25,000-£30,000 per year + discretionary bonus. Admin, book keeping, responding to enquiries, student enrolment.
Details of Position
The role is varied and incorporates general administration, sales and accounts. You will be working with and supported by a small, dynamic and professional team of 5 people.
1. Enrolments: enrolling students on Microsoft Access database, sending out confirmations/invoices/visa and insurance documentation and ensuring that all invoices to parents/representatives are raised, and duly settled on time.
2. Sales/Customer Service: responding to telephone, email and walk-in enquiries, mailing brochures to prospective students/representatives from 60+ countries and updating database with new contacts.
3. Learning/undertaking SAGE book-keeping, maintaining financial records, dealing with banking queries, processing credit card payments, raising invoices, checking and paying supplier invoice, reconciling accounts.
4. Liaising with suppliers: host schools, social and sports providers, and representatives.
5. General office duties: answering the phone, providing administrative support to other staff.
6. Preparing for summer courses: liaising with host schools (regarding rooming, meals etc.), liaising closely with Discovery Summer staff employed at summer centres to ensure courses are adequately prepared and staff are updated with changes.
7. Social programme: planning and organising excursions, making bookings
During high season
1. Supporting Discovery Summer centres - ensuring that our staff and the host centres are supplied with all necessary information both before and during the courses to ensure seamless transmission of information from HO to the centres.
2. Customer care - dealing with representative, parent, student and staff queries/problems.
This job description is not a definitive list of all tasks.
Hours: 09:00-17:30 Monday to Friday. During busy summer period (May mid-August) you will be expected to keep up with the workload which will involve longer daily working hours.
Holiday: 20 days per annum, plus all public holidays. Holidays cannot be taken during busy period.
Closing date: Please apply as soon as possible
Start date: Ideally in November 2017
Application process: Candidates should email their CV and covering email stating why they are the right person for the job to Mary Shipley
Short-listed candidates will then be emailed a recruitment test. Candidates who complete the test successfully will be invited to an interview and will be given additional tests.
Trial Period: 8 weeks during which there is a one week notice period
QualificationsWe are looking for a graduate who:
Has excellent written and spoken communication skills
Has native English competence
Is quick to learn and has initiative
Has a keen eye for detail
Is patient and helpful when dealing with people, many of whom are not native English speakers
Enjoys working as part of a small professional team
Has a proven aptitude for work with figures and is keen to learn/undertake book-keeping
Has an interest in sales and marketing
Can work under seasonal pressure. May to August is a very busy period.
Good working knowledge of Word Excel (essential) and MS Access (desirable)
Proven ability to take initiative and manage own workload
Proven ability to multi-task
Previous knowledge of book-keeping/SAGE (desirable)
Knowledge of European languages an advantage
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Discovery Summer is committed to safeguarding. If appointed, we will ask you to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Salary and BenefitsSalary: £25,000-£30,000 + a discretionary bonus is offered each year.
More Company Information
Discovery Summer specialises in residential courses for juniors (8-17 years) run at top UK boarding schools during the summer. We also organise day courses in London for adults (18+) and juniors (5-17 years). In our 2014 British Council inspection we were awarded 13 strengths out of a possible 15. Discovery Summer is currently ranked as the top multi-centre summer school in the UK.
Click here to visit the
Discovery Summer website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Take our accredited TEFL TESOL course to earn your internationally recognized certificate, Job Offers Worldwide, and Guaranteed Placement in Mexico, Czech Republic, China or Thailand. Special Offers running Now!www.tefl-programs.com
Train To Teach
Get Qualified with Angloville, travel Europe for free and receive teaching qualification while supporting European students as a mentor. Visit Prague, Dublin, Budapest, Krakow.Apply and Save Now