English Teacher (Adults and YL)
- Costa Rica, San José, Costa Rica
- Centro Cultural Britanico
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 2
Job Summary- Teaching lessons onsite and in-company, 26 contact hours per week
- Exam preparation for IELTS and Cambridge main suite exams (PET, KET, FCE, CAE, CPE, IELTS)
- Developing extracurricular courses in areas chosen by the teacher
Successful candidates need to bring with them copies of their birth certificate and a police report, both certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and by the Costa Rican Consulate in their country of birth.
Details of Position
Our teachers participate in our weekly programme of professional development and have the opportunity to train for additional formal qualifications in our preparation courses for Cambridge ESOL and IELTS examiners.
Visit our website (link below).
Qualifications* CELTA or equivalent and at least 1 year teaching experience. Candidates with any of the following attributes will be given preference:
* Experience with Cambridge exams (examining and/or preparation)
* Experience teaching at a wide range of levels (A1 C2)
Salary and BenefitsSalary paid in local currency. Current total gross compensation rate is equivalent to approximately US $1120 per month*, which compares very well with local rates. Benefits include:
- 4 weeks paid holiday per year: 3 weeks over Christmas/New Year and 1 week mid-year. All national public holidays
- End-of-contract bonus for teachers hired abroad of $400 for one-year contracts or $1000 for two-year contracts.
- In-country work visa process and costs covered by school
- Costa Rican social security, which includes free medical care at any time
- Thirteenth month salary
- Ongoing professional development, including training as Cambridge examiner for suitably qualified applicants
- Transport to and from off-site classes
- Provision of teaching material
- Free Spanish lessons
- The opportunity, through local agreements, to receive free French, Italian or German lessons (not including materials)
Centro Cultural Britanico
More Company Information
Centro Cultural Britnico is looking for professional, dynamic teachers to teach our adult general and business English courses. It is essential for applicants to have a minimum of CELTA + 1 year's experience, and desirable to have experience in training candidates for international exams. CCB are the leading school in Central America for Cambridge exam preparation (FCE, CAE, CPE, ILEC). Start of contract: Jan 2018, minimum 1 year, incl training as Cambridge Oral examiner if poss.
Click here to visit the
Centro Cultural Britanico website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
With a TEFL Org UK certificate you could be working abroad within weeks. Tutor-supported, accredited, all-inclusive courses perfect to explore the world & inspire others.www.tefl.org.uk