Language Centre Managers
- United Kingdom, Oxford
- Oxford Active Ltd
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 4
- Freelance Position
- Short Term/Summer job
Details of Position
This Summer we are running four separate language schools and need a Centre Manager for each one.
Oxford – residential. From 1st July to 13h August
Oxford – non-residential. From 2nd July to 20th August.
Oxford University – residential. From 16th July to 21st August.
Padworth College, in rural Berkshire near Reading – residential. From 1st July to 13th August.
• Manage and direct the whole language school team based at their Centre to ensure that the programme operates as efficiently as possible.
• Support and manage the Senior Teacher and Senior Activity Leader in their roles
• Create, manage and distribute staff rotas for all staff at the Centre, and keep an overview what staff are doing and where at all times, both on and off site
• Conduct staff reviews, with support from Senior Teachers/Activity Leaders
• Communicate with and report regularly to the Senior Management Team
• Liaise with OS Head Office to co-ordinate travel arrangements for arrivals and departures, and excursions
• Ensure all staff on site are enforcing and following company policies and procedures and that all staff are representing Oxford Spires Language School in a positive and professional manner
• Maintain professional and effective working relationships with staff who manage the Centre premises we are based at
• Supervise airport arrivals and departures as necessary
• Provide a full and comprehensive induction for students at the beginning of their stay
• Liaise with student group leaders and students to ensure their needs are met, and all issues and problems are dealt with promptly and efficiently
• Ensure students are following school rules and support staff with any behaviour issues that arise, following the Oxford Spires school discipline procedures
• Ensure accurate registers are kept by all staff to account for students both on and off site at all times
• Be responsible for and manage necessary paperwork relating to the health and safety arrangements for all staff and students at the school, both on and off site
• Ensure all students are properly supervised at all times
• Co-ordinate the response and deal as appropriate with any emergencies that may arise
• Take part in the overnight on call duty rota, usually once a week
• Act as Safeguarding Lead on site with support from Senior Management Team
• Be aware of and understand British Council standards and ensure the site’s compliance with these
• Undertake other duties, appropriate to your post, as may reasonably be required by Oxford Spires Language School
• Excellent spoken and written English language skills, with a high level of communication and interpersonal skills
• Computer literate
• Previous experience of working with young people at an EFL summer school, ideally in a management role
• Ability to work under pressure, flexible with excellent organisational and problem solving skills
• Hard-working and responsible attitude
• All staff will be subject to safeguarding checks including an enhanced DBS disclosure
QualificationsManagement experience is more important than qualifications, but the following would be an advantage:
• TEFL/CELTA qualification
• TEFLI or TEFLQ qualification
• First Aid certificate
• Full, clean driving license
Salary and Benefits£600.00 per week, plus full board
Oxford Active Ltd
More Company Information
Oxford Spires Language School is an organisation based in Oxford. Oxford Spires provides short term courses all year round to junior groups and individuals. Oxford Spires provides unique and exciting programmes in three centres. Two in Oxford and one in Berkshire. We operate educational and cultural programmes for juniors aged 9-17 years of age and are looking for staff to work on a full time and part time basis.
Click here to visit the
Oxford Active Ltd website
- Contact person:
- Anne Bissell, Human Resource
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Join our TEFL course and start working in Prague right away! Accredited TEFL training with focus on teaching practice. Highly experienced trainers, friendly staff, job guarantee for successful graduates, accommodation, airport pickup, visa and housing assistance.www.teflinprague.com