Young Learner ESOL Teacher
- France, Paris
- N L S
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Job SummaryWe are looking for a teacher to join us and represent our core values: fun, independent learning, and nurturing. Learning should always be fun. Join us to deliver playful and engaging content throughout the 2017-2018 year.
Details of Position
The Teacher will be a committed representative of our core values: fun, independent learning, and nurturing.
Learning should always be fun. NLS/AS believes that experience precedes understanding. Creating a positive bond to learning and using a foreign language is key to improving results. Learners who are stimulated and enjoying their time in class find it easier to overcome difficulties and inhibitions. Our sessions deliver playful and engaging content to create these positive conditions.
Clarity and predictability are central to developing our learners independence. Our sessions are structured to provide clear targets for the learners, as well as offer opportunities to broaden their experience, and take initiative.
Finally, we are committed to providing a nurturing environment for our learners. Building confidence, encouraging initiative and managing risk-taking are key to the After Schools successes. This requires control on the part of the teaching team, and commitment to fair and transparent communication.
As a teacher you will be asked to uphold these values in every aspect of your duties:
Creating, promoting and supporting an attractive 100% English speaking environment
- Planning across at least 3 age groups
- Providing regular and structured feedback on learning attainment.
- Organising and contributing to in-class and centre events
- Implementing behaviour management policies across the school.
- Developing and promoting beyond the classroom initiatives where possible.
- Being up to date with first aid qualifications, risk reduction practices and, in general, knowing who to call, what to ask for and what to do in case of need.
- Delivering regular feedback to parents and learners.
The centre is located in Chatou which is a pleasant Western suburb located approximately 20 minutes from central Paris on the train.The venue is a purpose built, brand new space which offers an exciting learning and teaching environment. There are a total of 6 bright, spacious rooms each equipped with laptops and wireless internet. All classrooms are adapted for teaching age groups 3-17 thanks to different seating arrangements. Each class has shelves, worktops, plenty of storage space, multiple display areas and hot and cold air conditioning. Partners school are located within a 30-minute commute from the centre.
QualificationsHumanities university degree; education or linguistics studies a valuable asset.
Formal initial teacher training a requirement (TESOL or nationally recognised teaching certificate. PGCE or teaching degree a valued asset.
Applicants that will be considered should have:
- previous experience teaching and leading a variety of age groups from early years through to secondary
- strong observational and analytical skills
- willingness to provide an engaging, immersive learning experience
- Commitment to the full school year
- EU nationality or appropriate and valid working authorization for non-EU nationals
Salary and BenefitsHaving an opportunity to teach in Paris is great, we provide you with:
- compensation: 1300-1400 net/month (pay varies according to hours taught)
- a CDII (long term contract)
- luncheon vouchers & 75% subsidy for travel card
- induction & further training
- a subsidy for French lessons
N L S
More Company Information
Established & busy language school specialized in teaching children aged 3-17 in our centre as well as in partner schools
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?