ESL/EFL Teacher – Teach English in China
- China, Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Nanjing, Shenzhen
- The Walt Disney Company Ltd.
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 25
- Degree Required
Job SummaryDisney will give you the opportunity to learn, grow, teach and lead – apply now!
Details of Position
Since the opening of our flagship center in Shanghai in 2008, Disney English has grown across China, opening our doors to children and shaping their love for learning. Join the team of teachers that provides an award-winning academic curriculum designed to engage and teach children the way they learn; through stories, songs, characters, and above all – fun!
We’re looking for passionate, out-going, English speaking, English as a Second Language (ESL) teachers. You’ll get to discover a new culture, inspire children to learn a new language, and grow and develop your own skills in ways you never dreamed. It's all possible at Disney English.
Our Foreign Trainers (ESL teachers) …
• Provide a highly engaging and effective English learning experience to children between 3-12 years old through the delivery of innovative and immersive Disney educational content
• Use immersive learning techniques such as storytelling, singing, dialogue and role-playing, in combination with formal exercises
• Work a 40 hour work week (20-25 contact teaching hours) including evenings and weekends
• Measure progress and educational results
• Build strong relationships with parents and keep them “in-the-know” on their child’s journey.
QualificationsTo qualify you’ll need the following:
• Completed bachelor degree or above
• English language fluency in speaking, reading, and writing
• Able to communicate with young learners where English is not their first language
• A flexible “can do” attitude and flexible approach to working
• Passion for Disney and working with young children
Teaching experience and experience working with children is highly desirable but not essential for certain cities in China.
Salary and BenefitsWhat we offer:
• Salaries start at 10,000 RMB per month dependent on qualifications/experience
• Monthly housing allowance up to 4,850 RMB
• Resettlement allowance of 7,000 RMB
• Paid airfare to China and a monthly travel stipend toward return trip
• Three weeks hotel accommodation provided upon arrival in China
• Health, dental, paid sick and vacation time
• Robust academic training including assistance obtaining a TEFL-C certification as well
as a Rosetta Stone Mandarin license
• Various Disney discounts* including a limited theme parks admission pass
*Benefits subject to change
The Walt Disney Company Ltd.
More Company Information
Imagine having the chance to inspire children and guide them on the road to success. At Disney English, you'll help children develop a passion for the English language using Disney's award winning curriculum, innovative technology and with the support of our beloved characters and stories. You'll help shape their futures, and build rewarding relationships with them along the way. From discovering a new culture to working with a company that has been recognized for family entertainment for over 85 years, decades of which have supported English language learning, Disney English offers a unique opportunity to make a world of difference in a child's future.
Click here to visit the
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Take a highly accredited TEFL course with the established provider TEFL Org UK & become a highly employable, skilled teacher ready to work anywhere in the world within weeks. Start your TEFL adventure today.www.tefl.org.uk
Train To Teach
Join our TEFL course and start working in Prague right away! Accredited TEFL training with focus on teaching practice. Highly experienced trainers, friendly staff, job guarantee for successful graduates, accommodation, airport pickup, visa and housing assistance.www.teflinprague.com