EFL Teachers (Residential Summer Center)
- United Kingdom, Brighton, UK
- Kaplan International
- Experience: NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Positions: 2
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
Contracts available are residential and non-residential range from 1 – 6 weeks in length.
The posts are ideally suited to candidates who:
- Are willing to temporarily relocate to a new area and live on-site with other staff and students (for residential positions).
- Would like the opportunity to gain work experience with teenagers or would like to build on existing experience with children and/or teenagers.
- Already have a bachelor’s degree and a CELTA.
Working as an EFL Teacher at one of our Teen Summer Centers, you will have overall responsibility for the delivery of a high quality academic programme, which is crucial in making up our high-quality Teens package. You will be looking after students coming from Spain, Italy and a number of other countries around the world. You will need energy, enthusiasm, patience and an ability to calmly think on your feet as and when the need arises!
So what will your main responsibilities be?
- Reside on campus for the duration of employment and to participate in supervisory staff to student ratios of 1:15 inclusive of overnight supervision (applicable only to residential positions)
- To monitor the well-being of students, actively seeking to resolve any issues or areas of concern.
- To prepare and teach classes to a high standard.
- To teach lessons in accordance with the Kaplan Curriculum statement and suggested weekly outline.
- To assist in the testing and placement of students.
- To provide thorough lesson plans for in-house and external observations in accordance with company policy and to keep accurate records of planning and work done.
- To keep daily attendance records, reporting any absences to management.
- To attend daily meetings and weekly development training workshops.
- To participate fully in the running of the social programme.
- To encourage, enthuse and involve all students in the activities and excursions.
- To plan, execute and feedback on each activity or excursion.
- To actively assist in the supervisory duties of the students during free-time and meal times at the centre.
QualificationsTo be successful in the role, you’ll have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree as minimum.
- CELTA or equivalent.
- DELTA or equivalent such as MA TEFL/EFL including observed teaching/Trinity Diploma or -International Equivalent (desirable).
- A solid understanding of language learning through a communicative methodology.
- Awareness of British Council and ISI inspection criteria (desirable).
- Experience of working in an ELT environment.
- Experience with using IWB’s in the classroom (desirable).
- Demonstrates a passion for teaching and inspires students to learn.
- Demonstrates a high level of customer service practices.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to develop learner autonomy with students.
Summer Centre Schedule:
Residential Brighton 02/07 – 12/08
Please note that offers of employment are always subject to proof of eligibility to work in the UK and satisfactory reference checks. All positions will also be subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references including your most recent employer.
Deadline for applications: 3rd July
Salary and BenefitsPlease apply now with CV and covering letter - we are waiting to hear from you!
More Company Information
Kaplan International is the world’s largest transnational education group, delivering English language courses, higher education programmes and professional training to 130,000 students from 120 countries.
Warwick Building, 2nd floor
Click here to visit the
Kaplan International website
- Contact person:
- Martine Weron, International Recruiter
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Take a highly accredited TEFL course with the established provider TEFL Org UK & become a highly employable, skilled teacher ready to work anywhere in the world within weeks. Start your TEFL adventure today.www.tefl.org.uk
Train To Teach
4-week TEFL Courses and Guaranteed Job Placement in Czech Republic, Argentina, Mexico, Costa Rica and China!
Teach English as a Foreign Language after your 4 week TEFL course. Choose from more than 20 locations: See special savings!www.teflcertificatecourses.com