- Deadline: Mon 17 Apr 2023 00:00:00 UTC
- United Kingdom: St Andrews (UK), Cambridge (UK).
- International Summer School of Scotland (ISSOS)
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Number of positions: 4
- Freelance Position
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
- Applicant must have right to work in United Kingdom.
Details of Position
English Language Teachers at ISSOS are all fully qualified. Working as a team at the start of the programme, you will meet and evaluate each students ability and divide the group into smaller classes. Each teacher will then be responsible for a distinct ability level and will assist their students in becoming proficient in the English language.
Important: To apply for this role you must already have the legal right to work in the UK. We unfortunately cannot obtain visas for our roles in the UK.
Your role will be to provide an exciting and challenging syllabus where students can improve their conversational skills, including their grasp of colloquial language, develop their understanding and use of grammar, vocabulary, reading, writing and listening skills.
As an ISSOS teacher you have your own class of international students aged 13-18 years old.
Our classes are kept small in order to provide individual attention, personalised instruction and create an encouraging, supportive and fun environment for students to learn while making new friends from around the world.
Although we provide every teacher a guide as to what each lesson should achieve, we ask our teachers to bring their own experience and personality to each class and create their own stimulating and challenging lesson plans. We are looking for charismatic, inspirational individuals who are experienced in their field and can provide a nurturing yet challenging atmosphere with individual attention and strong classroom management skills.
All of our summer positions are fully residential and all of our staff teams will be actively involved in the various events and activities that we put on for our students.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Teaching a class of international students, 3 hours per day, Monday to Friday, for the duration of the 3 week programme
* Creating and executing interesting and engaging lesson plans
* Providing students with lessons tailored to their English ability
* Taking part in evening activities (compulsory rota basis)
* Making sure students are safe and happy at all times
* Being a positive role model
* Completing Academic Reports for your students before the close of session
* Contributing a short article for our summer magazine, The ISSOS Times
WHAT SKILLS/EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
* Must have a CELTA, certTESOL or equivalent ESL/EFL qualification
* Previous teaching experience is essential
* Experience in teaching international students preferred
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
* Clear and effective communicator
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated
* Passionate about instilling a love for your subject in your students
* Team player who is willing to be involved in the wider summer school programme
WHO CAN APPLY?
To apply for our roles you must have the legal right to work in the UK. We unfortunately cannot obtain visas for working in the UK.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW?
* All of our staff must pass a full criminal background check*
* We provide full bed and board for you at our campuses, plus fixed payment
* All staff are required to be on duty (on a rota basis) for evening programmes, activities, day trips and arrival/departure days.
* This role is available in St Andrews and Cambridge
WHAT WILL YOU GET OUT OF IT
Our Teaching roles are a great opportunity for anyone looking to build on their previous teaching/tutoring work to gain invaluable experience that can be put into use in your full time career. With guidance from us, you will be given the freedom to develop your own lesson plans, and build on your classroom experience with students from over 80 nationalities, at the same time as having a fantastic summer experience of your own. No two days at ISSOS are the same and we are really proud of the fact that our staff team have as much fun during the summer as our students do.
WHEN AND WHERE WE NEED YOU:
St Andrews: 28th June - 17th August 2023
Cambridge: 8th July - 3rd August 2023
Teaching experience: 1 years
Salary and Benefits
Visit International Summer School of Scotland (ISSOS) website
More jobs at International Summer School of Scotland (ISSOS)
TEFL Trinity CertTESOL Courses in Rome and Malaga Beach. 100% Online, Blended and Face-to-face Courses.
Including life long career service.www.tefl-abroad.org/
Promote your training courses at TEFL.com for less than £10.00/€11.00/$13.00 per week!
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
SEE The World
Step this way and join us in Chiang Mai, Thailand for an opportunity to teach English to the World: 4 weeks of onsite training including 6 observed teaching practices at local schools followed by a job guarantee.www.seetefl.com
Cambridge CELTA courses 2023, AVO Centre - Bulgaria
Learn how to teach English confidently and get the most prestigious TEFL Certificate! Small groups, personal approach and individual support. Highly qualified, experienced and supportive team of tutors. Very high pass rate!www.teflcertificates-avo.com
TEFL Worldwide Prague: Awarded Top TEFL Certification Program for 2018 & 2019 out of 1,010 courses and Best TEFL Course for Job Guidance Worldwide!
Accredited 4-week TEFL course in Prague with job guidance worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries.Click to find out more.