Director of Studies
- United Kingdom: London.
- Speak Up London
- Experience: 3 YEARS
- Number of positions: 1
- Degree Required
- Applicant must have right to work in United Kingdom.
Details of Position
The purpose of the Director of Studies (DoS) role is to play a key role within the School and be responsible for the day-to-day academic management of the School. The DoS will lead a team of between 25-35 teachers. As a member of the management team, the DoS will need to be flexible and hard-working and work closely with the Centre Manager and ADoS on issues relating to the overall running of the School.
We are looking for a team player, willing to grow Speak Up London with us. Our team is always on the lookout for ways to develop our processes and offering, so it is essential that the Director of Studies is an innovator at heart. This is a role for a person who wants to feel listened to, and take initiative and accountability for their actions.
Applicants should have one of the following required qualifications:
Cambridge DELTA, Cambridge DELTA Online, Trinity DipTESOL, MA TEFL, Masters MA TESOL, MA Linguistics, PhD Linguistics
Teaching experience: 3 years
Native level English speaker preferred
Your current location: United Kingdom
- RSA DELTA or Trinity College London Licentiate Diploma in TESOL* or PGCE TEFL/TESOL* or a taught postgraduate course (MA equivalent) in TEFL / TESOL, including at least 6 hours of supervised teaching practice
- Previous ADoS or DoS experience with proven track record of CPD delivery
- Competence in academic leadership
- People management skills
- Ability and willingness to adapt quickly to change, pro-actively review and improve processes
- Effective communicator
- Proven competence in administration
- Computer literate
- Three years' full-time DoS experience
- Experience in materials writing and syllabus development
Salary and Benefits
£34,000-£40,000 with a yearly performance bonus
- 30 days' holiday a year
- Cycle to work
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
TEFL Trinity CertTESOL Courses in Rome and Malaga Beach. 100% Online, Blended and Face-to-face Courses.
Including life long career service.www.tefl-abroad.org/
Learn how to teach English confidently and get the most prestigious TEFL Certificate! Small groups, personal approach and individual support. Highly qualified, experienced and supportive team of tutors. Very high pass rate!www.teflcertificates-avo.com
TEFL Worldwide Prague: Awarded Top TEFL Certification Program for 2018 & 2019 out of 1,010 courses and Best TEFL Course for Job Guidance Worldwide!
Accredited 4-week TEFL course in Prague with job guidance worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries.Click to find out more.