Teacher of English - Part Time
- Deadline: Thu 20 Oct 2022 00:00:00 UTC
- Spain: Madrid.
- British Council
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Number of positions: 8
- Degree Required
Our teaching centres and online courses build cultural links between the UK and 38 countries around the world, as well as supporting the cultural relations programmes in arts and sciences delivered by the British Council.
Details of Position
- To maintain and enhance professional development and academic quality in the Teaching Center, through the management of in-house teacher development programme and support
- To promote and ensure quality teaching and effective learning of English
- To provide learners with a rewarding and stimulating English language learning experience
- To support the wider aims of British Council and its cultural relations mission
- Plan, prepare and deliver high quality English language teaching that meets the needs of different customer groups taking into account individual learning styles. Ensure that lesson materials are tailored appropriately to the needs of particular groups and individuals.
- Monitor and assess progress and provide regular feedback both written and face to face to help manage students performance throughout the course, and actively promote learner autonomy, using the setting and correction of homework for that purpose. Meet individually with parents and students as part of the students learning process.
- Complete teaching related administrative tasks (such as prompt completion of class registers, record of classwork, break duties or level testing) to specified standards.
- Contribute to the development of lasting, mutually beneficial relationships by enhancing students understanding of contemporary UK
- Support local marketing and promotional strategy and assist the teaching centre team in delivering excellent customer service (placement testing and counselling students towards suitable courses are examples of that).
- Ensure safeguarding and guidelines are applied and upheld in line with standards and policy for the following areas:
o Child protection. Ensure all YL students are safe, secure and looked after while they are in our care.
o Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
o Health and safety
Nationality requirements -
- Applicants must be EU nationals or have the right to work in Spain.
- Contract Type Permanent (6 months probation period)
- Work Schedule:
o Most teaching takes place on weekday afternoons and evenings and on Saturdays. Some adult classes involve early morning starts.
o Increasingly our young learner teaching takes place in schools, so travel is often required. Corporate classes usually take place off our premises.
o Teachers may be expected to work in more than one British Council centre. They are also likely to work in more than one location, e.g. British Council centre and a partner institution.
- Cambridge CELTA / Trinity cert TESOL
- Recognised diploma in English as a Foreign Language e.g. DELTA / Trinity Diploma
- A PGCE / B.Ed in Primary or a relevant secondary subject is highly desirable.
- 2 years post-certificate i.e. CELTA / Trinity cert TESOL experience
- Experience in teaching relevant age groups specific to the centre:
o Early Years aged 2 to 5 (400+hours)
o Primary aged 6 to 10 (400+ hours)
o Lower Secondary aged 11 to 14 (800+ hours)
o Upper Secondary aged 15 to 17 (400+ hours)
o University/Vocational students aged 18 to 25 (400+hours)
o Adults General English 18+ (800+ hours)
Salary and Benefits
- Minimum Euro 22, 979 Maximum Euro 33,179 annual (The salary shown is a full-time salary range and is pro-rata for this post depending on total hours offered).
- An inclusive and engaging work environment encouraging cross-team collaboration and building connections with colleagues from different disciplines around the world
- A learning environment with plenty of opportunities to develop skills and knowledge
- Experience of working in an international organisation which includes good work life balance.
TEFL Trinity CertTESOL Courses in Rome and Malaga Beach. 100% Online, Blended and Face-to-face Courses.
Including life long career service.www.tefl-abroad.org/
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
Get your worldwide recognized, Via Lingua International TEFL certificate in this fascinating city and start teaching English wherever you like.www.tefl-turkey.com
TRINITY COLLEGE LONDON CertTESOL course in Istanbul. Enroll on our October 31 course and get 40% special discount plus a 2-month teaching internship.
Prestigious, internationally recognised, 4 week onsite, face-to-face intensive TESOL programme.www.tesol-turkey.com