- Bangladesh: Bangladesh.
- British Council
- Experience: 5 YEARS
- Positions: 9
- Degree Required
This involves developing a cadre of 2,020 Master Trainers supporting other primary teachers across the country to improve their English language and teaching skills.
Details of Position
The Ministry of Primary and Mass Education (MoPME) and Directorate of Primary Education (DPE) in Bangladesh have undertaken a major new sector-wide reform programme called the Primary Education Development Programme (PEDP4). One of the quality initiatives under PEDP4 aims to upgrade the English language proficiency and teaching skills of 130,000 teachers of English at primary level throughout Bangladesh.
The Training of Master Trainers in English (TMTE) project is the result of a realisation by MoPME that the level of primary teachers' English and the quality of English teaching in Bangladesh primary schools are not of sufficiently high standard to produce a workforce capable of serving the needs of national development.
To support this ambition, the British Council has been requested by MoPME to create a pool of Master Trainers from their existing staff through a cycle of training. The focus will be on creating a cadre of Master Trainers who will be proficient and skilled in English, have a clear understanding of effective teaching practice at primary level, and the skills and knowledge necessary to support the development of English teachers in primary schools. Ultimately, this cohort of Master Trainers will contribute to addressing the problem of inadequate English language skills (reading, writing, listening, speaking and presentation) and understanding of effective language teaching practices among teachers, and therefore indirectly support the learning of their students.
The basic requirements for this position will include, supporting British Councils global English strategy via the TMTE project by:
- Delivering quality face-to-face training to allocated groups of primary teachers
- Enhancing British Councils reputation as a world authority in ELT
- Continuing professional development and sharing of best practices
How to apply:
To apply, please send 1) a cover letter, 2) an up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV).
Please mark in the subject line "Application for TMTE Teacher Trainer."
No hard copy applications will be accepted.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the next step of the recruitment process.
- Cambridge CELTA or Trinity College equivalent
- Undergraduate university degree
- At least 5 years post-qualification experience (Cambridge CELTA / Trinity College TESOL) and preferably within the last 10 years
- At least 3 years experience working in similar environment
- At least 250 hours of teacher training experience*
- (* applications from exceptionally qualified teachers with fewer training hours may be considered)
Salary and Benefits
More jobs from this recruiter
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack