Teens ESL Content Writer
- Online: Online.
- Experience: 5 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Freelance Position
- Degree Required
We would love to hear from you if you have proven experience in the field and believe that you would be a good addition to our creative team!
Details of Position
We are searching for a passionate and experienced writer, to create a B2/C1 ESL course plan for 16/18 year-olds, consisting of 30 lessons and 6 revisions. The course's 6 units will each consist of five 60-90 minute lessons. The material should fit the Linguahouse approach: up-to-date and unbiased, focusing on current topics that will spark teens' interest.
When you become a part of our team, you will...
- Write clear, well-designed texts, multiple-choice items, writing prompts, comprehension questions, and other formative and summative assessment content;
- Align assessment content with learning design and instructional goals;
- Work with our Lead Learning Designer to evaluate and analyze activity data to iteratively improve assessment content and design;
- Prepare & write short and long texts (articles based on real-life materials online - with given sources) as well as create scripts (to be recorded in our studio) for Listening tasks.
If your first course proves to be a success, we will be happy to extend our collaboration to different levels!
- Already have over 5 years of relevant experience;
- Have an advanced degree;
- Have written or taught relevant certifications: Cambridge exams; FCE schools; YLE and similar;
- Have experience creating materials for the target group;
- Are a published author of ESL materials;
- Are able to successfully manage and optimize projects and processes;
- Are willing to continually test assumptions and apply research in innovative ways;
- Have strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Know the basic development and communication tools such as MS Word, Google Docs, and Slack;
- Are highly organized, self-motivated, with exceptional initiative and commitment to excellence.
Salary and Benefits
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack