- United Kingdom: Kentish Town, Camden Town, Colindale.
- Stay Campus London
- Experience: NO PREFERENCE
- Positions: 50
Details of Position
- General English classes (we welcome newly graduated CELTA / Trinity CertTESOL candidates)
- Cambridge First and Advanced exam preparation classes (previous experience preferred)
- IELTS exam preparation classes (previous experience preferred)
- International Foundation Programmes in Business Management, Engineering, Art & Design, and Medicine (BA/BSc /Masters or Doctorate degree required)
- 1-to-1 classes in Business and Specialist English, Communication skills and International Working for corporate clients learning online
[Please note that candidates are required to be based in London for the entire period of their employment for all face-to-face courses.]
General English Teaching Positions (Face-to-Face Tuition)
Successful candidates for General English courses will deliver engaging, interactive English language lessons to international classes of young learners, teenagers and young adults.
Exam Preparation Teaching Positions (Face-to-Face Tuition)
Successful candidates for the Summer Exam Preparation courses will be required to prepare Italian high-school students to pass the Cambridge First and / or Advanced examinations, aiming to achieve an average class pass rate of 90% in August exam sessions.
Foundation Programme Teaching Positions (Blended Tuition: face-to-face and online)
Foundation course teachers for our International College programmes in Business Management, Engineering, Art & Design and Medicine are required for immediate start. We welcome teachers with subject-relevant higher education certificates in Maths, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Law, Social Sciences and Art.
Successful candidates for Foundation courses will plan and deliver informative, student-led, syllabus-appropriate lessons and be responsible for marking, feedback and course development.
1-to-1 Corporate English Teaching Positions (Online tuition)
Successful candidates for online 1-to-1 positions will have previous experience of planning and delivering Business English or ESP language training to professionals in a corporate context. Candidates must have their own modern computer and an internet connection with a recommended minimum bandwidth of 5 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload.
All successful candidates are expected to:
- Plan and deliver engaging, motivating lessons with clear learning objectives and promote enthusiasm for learning
- Ensure that students' personal learning objectives are fulfilled
- Correct all classwork and homework exercises
- Adhere to British Council / ISI guidelines and best practice
- Keep correct and detailed records of student performance and progress
- Provide a safe, positive learning environment for all students at all times
We welcome applications from candidates interested in working as excursion guides. No previous experience or formal qualifications are required. Geographical and cultural knowledge of London is essential, as well as an enthusiastic, outgoing and professional disposition. Successful candidates will lead groups of young learners and teenagers on excursions to places of cultural and historical interest in and around London, such as museums, galleries and parks.
Excursion guides are required to:
- escort groups of up to 20 students on half-day excursions to various cultural and historical places of interest in and around London
- escort groups of up to 20 students on full-day excursions to various cultural and historical places of interest including Oxford and Cambridge
- ensure the safety and well-being of all students at all times
- prepare relevant project-work activities to be carried out in each location
Working at SCL
SCL campuses are among the most modern and well-equipped to be found anywhere in the industry. We have more than 70 classrooms fitted with interactive smart screens and stylish on-campus cinemas, gyms, cafes, canteens and social areas.
We believe in a communicative approach to learning designed to maximise the time students spend speaking English. Our language learners are encouraged to discover new language by engaging in structured, personalised tasks that reflect the practical, professional and social situations they encounter in real life.
Please note, all selected candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (paid for by the company) and sign a Declaration of Suitability to Work with Children prior to their appointment.
All candidates are required to complete Level 1 Safeguarding training prior to their appointment.
Proof of identity and qualifications, as well as eligibility to work in the UK, will be required at the interview. References will be followed up, and any gaps in employment will need to be explained.
Successful candidates must also be prepared to attend an unpaid induction session prior to their contract start date.
Email addresses and contact phone numbers of two referees must be provided. At least one referee must be a current or previous employer. Both referees will be asked if there is any specific reason why candidates may not be employed to work with persons under the age of 18.
- Required qualifications:
- Cambridge CELTA, Cambridge CELTA Online, Cambridge DELTA, Cambridge DELTA Distance, Trinity CertTESOL, Trinity DipTESOL, BA TEFL, BA TESOL, Masters, MA TESOL, MA TEFL, International Diploma in Language Teaching Management (IDLTM), MA Linguistics, PhD Linguistics, PGCE.
- Native level English speaker preferred
SCL teachers have high expectations of their learners and love creating and sharing their own fun and dynamic lessons with each other in a rewarding and supportive culture of mutual development. Our friendly and dedicated Academic Team are never too busy to lend a hand.
Applicants interested in teaching General English courses are not required to hold a degree. Ideally, they will have proven teaching experience with children, teenagers and young adults.
Applicants interested in teaching on Cambridge Advanced, Cambridge First, and IELTS courses must be graduates and, ideally, will have had experience in Cambridge Suite and IELTS exam preparation classes. Ideally, they will have proven teaching experience with teenagers and young adults.
While excursion guides are not required to have previous experience leading excursions, candidates will be familiar with London's main sites of historical and cultural interest and have experience in moving around the city using the underground and overground.
Applications from non-native speakers of English are welcome. All applicants for teaching roles must be proficient English speakers holding a valid certificate or test report attesting to a CEFR level of C2.
Desirable Personal Qualities:
- Ability to build rapport with classes of young learners and teens
- Imagination and creativity
- Problem-solving skills
- Empathy and patience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Deadline adherence and time management
Salary and Benefits
Hourly rate for CELTA or equivalent level-five qualified teachers is £18.00 per contact hour plus 12.07% holiday pay.
DELTA or equivalent level-six qualified teachers' basic hourly rate is £21.00 per contact hour plus 12.07% holiday pay.
Rates of pay for 1-to-1 online tutors, foundation programme teachers and excursion guides are available on request.
Stay Campus London
More Company Information
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the Stay Campus London website
CertTESOL, Trinity College TESOL face-to-face, 4-week intensive training course in Istanbul. £870 SPECIAL OFFER for our August course. Max 8 trainees!
Get your worldwide recognised, prestigious TESOL-TEFL certificate in this fascinating city and start teaching English anywhere in the world.www.tesol-turkey.com
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
TEFL Trinity CertTESOL Courses in Rome and Malaga Beach. 100% Online, Blended and Face-to-face Courses.
Including life long career service.www.tefl-abroad.org/