LEARNING MANAGER FOR SPEAK, MOLFETTA (PUGLIA)
- Deadline: Fri 17 Dec 2021 00:00:00 UTC
- Italy: Molfetta.
- Experience: 3 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
The role involves teaching One-to-One and small-group lessons as well as coordinating an international network of native-English speakers who meet the learners for conversational English practice.
Details of Position
Speak delivers a number of online programmes as well as 4-day residential programmes for adults and residential summer camps for teenagers.
The Speak office team is made up of 9 staff with DELTA qualified teachers and Cambridge examiners on the academic team. Speak also has a local English school in Molfetta which is a Trinity exam centre and Cambridge preparation centre.
The Learning Manager role involves the administration and teaching of our individual and corporate learners who are studying remotely though our Speak Society programme. Learners are based across Italy and the Anglos they meet are based all over the English-speaking world. The role involves working closely with, and receiving support from, Speak's Learning Director.
The role spans two key areas:
Teaching and Client-Facing Sessions (up to 60%)
- Deliver General English lessons for individuals and corporate groups;
- Conduct Level Tests and Needs Analyses for new learners;
- Participate in Anglo Training sessions.
Programme Administration & Development (40-50%)
- Coordinate and schedule all Learner-Anglo One-to-One sessions;
- Manage a busy inbox;
- Work with Speak directors to develop new learning pathways (General and ESP courses);
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing corporate clients.
Requirements of the Role:
Like all Speak staff members, the Learning Manager should be flexible and willing to go the extra mile to deliver learners a highly valuable and exciting learning experience. We expect the Learning Manager to:
Be organised, punctual and communicative: The role requires a great deal of organisation, attention to detail and commitment to both learners and Anglos. You will set goals and priorities with the rest of the Speak Team and share progress as projects unfold.
Create and deliver quality lessons/workshops: Our goal is to deliver highly enjoyable and valuable lessons and workshops which make learning English exciting and achievable.
Show professionalism: The role means being a representative of Speak to a wide number of clients. Speak asks all staff to conduct themselves in a professional, friendly manner.
About Molfetta: Molfetta is a small coastal town (60,000 pop.) on the Adriatic coast, around 25km north of Bari which is well connected to cities across Europe. Puglia is a beautiful region with lots to offer and Molfetta is well placed for day trips to historic towns and beaches, UNESCO sites etc. Living costs are low for Italy and Speak will help with finding accommodation and settling in.
- University degree;
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience;
- Working competence in basic Office software (Word, Excel etc.);
- EU Passport or EU working visa\permesso di soggiorno.
- Previous experience as a Learning Manager, Director of Studies or similar;
- Further teaching qualifications e.g. DELTA, PGCE;
- Experience preparing for Cambridge and/or Trinity exams;
- Good level of Italian;
- Driving licence.
Salary and Benefits
- 1400-1600 Euros guaranteed net per month depending on qualifications and experience;
- Working hours Monday to Friday ONLY;
- Legal contract with Italian NI contributions paid;
- All holidays paid.
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
Gain the freedom to work from home or travel the world while working by teaching English online or in the classroom.
120-Hour TEFL certificate course - 84% discount for Tefl.com members. Enroll Now!International Open Academy