Residential Director of Studies
- Deadline: Mon 10 Jan 2022 00:00:00 UTC
- United Kingdom: UK various.
- Discovery Summer
- Experience: 3 YEARS
- Positions: 2
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
We are recruiting DOSs for our residential summer schools for international students aged 8-13 and 14-17. All courses run at top UK boarding schools.
Gross salary up to £839 gross/wk inc. holiday pay and contract completion bonus + £300 for pre-course work + discretionary performance bonus + free accomm. and meals.
Details of Position
We are recruiting DOSs to work on our residential summer schools for international students aged 8-13 and 14-17. All courses run at top UK boarding schools.
You will be responsible for the high-quality and smooth running of the academic programme; leading and managing a diverse team of teachers, providing them with training and professional development opportunities and contributing to the overall success of the course.
You will be working with international students from many different countries. They have come to England to learn about British culture and improve their English whilst having lots of fun.
We welcome students from over 50 countries each summer and limit the number from every language group. Nearly 30% of our students return each summer.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with one of UKs top British Council Accredited Schools. In our 2018 British Council inspection we were awarded 14 strengths out of a possible 15.
Over 60% of our staff return each summer. We bring together strong team-players who genuinely enjoy working creatively with children. Many of our staff have been with us for 5 years or more.
We want our students to explore and experience British Culture - up to 10% of students are British, our English Student Hosts
We provide a supportive and friendly environment - you will prepare for the summer with our Academic Manager and take part in our Senior Staff Training Weekend (8-10 April 2022).
This is a residential position with accommodation provided at the school. Residential staff work a 6- day week.
Please see our website for the full job description, online application form and details of the application process.
Discovery Summer is committed to ensuring the safeguarding of children and young people and we expect our staff to share this commitment. To this end, all references will be followed up, gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and appropriate criminal checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
- First degree or equivalent (any discipline)
- Cambridge DELTA, Trinity LTCL Diploma TESOL or MA in Linguistics/TESOL (incl. 5 hours
supervised teaching practice)
- Minimum 3 years' EFL teaching experience ideally with international young learners/teens
- Demonstrable experience in leading, managing and motivating a diverse team of teachers
- Can provide a clear and accurate model of the English language
- Excellent administrative, ICT, organisational and record keeping skills
- Passionate about teaching and learning
- Previous summer school experience/International school experience
- Young Learner specialism e.g. TYLEC
- A holistic approach to learning e.g. TBL
- Experience as a teacher trainer
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- A genuine interest in delivering an innovative, stimulating and varied academic programme
for international young learners
- A good eye for detail and enjoys working to exacting standards
- Demonstrable team worker, willing to contribute to the overall success of the programme
- Committed to professional growth and receptive to feedback
- Energetic, creative, positive and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
Salary and Benefits
£300 gross for pre-course work + discretionary performance bonus
Set up and induction (usually 3-4 days) paid pro-rata
Residential staff receive free meals and accommodation at our schools worth £60.90 per week
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
Gain the freedom to work from home or travel the world while working by teaching English online or in the classroom.
120-Hour TEFL certificate course - 84% discount for Tefl.com members. Enroll Now!International Open Academy